1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 28, 2013 12:30 PM by ljmats

Adding multiple sounds via button clicks using Edge Commons

mentlity Level 1

I have an Edge project which has 5 scenes, buttons move the timeline to each scene. My problem here is each scene has a narration sound which needs to play. I need to figure how to call each sound while at the same time making sure no other sounds play except the one called by a buttton click.

Second part to this is to also call sounds using a previous button so I can move back and forth on the timeline calling each sound via button click.

All 5 sounds are labeled 1.mp3 2.mp3 etc

Reading a bit about this I see this has to be called in composition ready but my problem here is I do not code and I'm having a hard time not knowing where to start. I would hope in future releases of Edge this would be implimented so guys like me who do not code will be able to take on projects like this.

Any help with this?

thx

RD

• 1. Re: Adding multiple sounds via button clicks using Edge Commons
          ljmats

Hi mentlity,

Sounds like you're doing something really similar to what I'm working on! I've gotten to the point where I can make my narration for a scene play when the user accesses the scene. You can see my and mrnoble's post in the thread I link below to learn how to do it using the Buzz JavaScript audio library (an audio API that does the difficult coding parts for you). Let me know if it's unclear, and I'll try to help.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5786443#5786443

You can download Buzz here: http://buzz.jaysalvat.com/

As for controlling the sound more - allowing the user to replay the narration and making sure that no other sounds play except the one I intend - I'm not there yet. If I find out how, I'll be sure to post. Best of luck!

-lj

1 person found this helpful