2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 22, 2013 3:57 PM by the_wine_snob

Re: Rendering

173abn

I have Elements 11.

Is it advisable to Render while a project is in-progress (thus doing so multiple times), or wait until it is finished?

Thanks.

Jim

• 1. Re: Rendering
          A.T. Romano Level 7

173abn

You render when you want to see the best possible preview of the Timeline content as played by in the Edit Mode monitor.

It is your opportunity to catch a problem sooner than later.

It is especially important previewing of effects, transitions, and non native formats.

You probably know that already, but...

Generally speaking and depending on the project, I would probably opt to determine what I have during the project  and build on that, rather the wait until I think that I have finished all and was ready to move on to disc menus - Publish+Share choices.

ATR

• 2. Re: Rendering
            the_wine_snob Level 9

As ATR points out, Rendering is just for getting the smoothest playback.

I do many Projects, that never get Rendered, prior to output. However, those are Projects where the Source Footage matches the Project's Preset 100%, and do not have many intricate Effects in them.

OTOH, I have some, where I AM using intricate Effects, and I might end up doing a Render of that portion of my Timeline many, many times, until I am 100% satisfied. I limit the area to be Rendered with the WAB (Work Area Bar), so that I am not Rendering any other parts of my Timeline.

This article goes into just a bit more detail on using the WAB to limit the area to be Rendered: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/794719 and there is a link to a WAB article, near the end.

Good luck,

Hunt