• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

installing latest version of flash player

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2013 Oct 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted incorrectly last time. Sorry. I am having great difficulty installing 11.9. I receive error message not registered, and one other that slips my mind at the moment. My browser is IE V 8, I use windows xp, I am unsure of the version used before the failed installation but I believe it was 11. something...I cannot open or install that version now. In a bit of bother here.. HELP!!!!. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the following files by right clicking and selecting "Save target as":

Flash Player Uninstaller

Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer)

Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers)

Save ALL files to your downloads folder - DO NOT run anything yet.

Reboot your system.

BEFORE opening anything else, run the UNINSTALLER from your downoads folder.

Next run the Flash Player for ActiveX installer, and lastly, if you use any other browser, run the Flash Player Plug-in installer.

If IE stil gives you trouble, see:Enabling Flash Player in Internet Explorer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your advice, but unfortunately nothing seems to be working. I did all as you advised. I have checked everything re IE, I have actually installed the Flash player plug-in as I do have google chrome, but DO NOT USE IT as my default browser. When attempting to install 11.9 I get error messages. They being:-
"Activex could not be registered" and "I do not have administrative privilege".An earlier error message was "Already running".  But I am the only person allowed to access my computer under the name of JP Sheridan...i.e. I AM the administrator. So I am at a loss as to what to do next.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 24, 2013 Oct 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try a clean install: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/928315

Use the installers from C F McBlob's download links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines