5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 24, 2013 6:01 AM by A.T. Romano

Unable to get photos into workspace

rumpole

Hi I am new to photoshop Premier Elements. I have just started a new project, but when i tried putting my snaps into the work space

a diolouge box came up with a message ( this type of file is not supported, or the required codec is not installed). I would be grateful

for any assistance with this as i cannot get any further.  THANK YOU

• 1. Re: Unable to get photos into workspace
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

You might get a better response to your Photoshop Elements question in the Photoshop Elements forum.

But, meantime, be sure to indicate what format the photo is (.tif, .jpeg, .bmp, etc) and what model of camera it came from.

• 2. Re: Unable to get photos into workspace
            John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

>photoshop Premier Elements

Are you asking about PHOTOSHOP Elements the photo editing program, or PREMIERE Elements the video editing program?

• 3. Re: Unable to get photos into workspace
              A.T. Romano Level 7

rumpole

The probability is high that you are in Premiere Elements if you are getting the message

this type of file is not supported, or the required codec is not installed

I do not recall ever seeing that specific message popping up in Photoshop Elements.

What versions of Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements are you working with and on what computer operating system is they running?

What are the properties including pixel dimensions of the photo(s) that you are trying to get into the workspace and just how are you getting them into the Premiere Elements workspace, if that is where you are? Are these jpg, tif, raw, or other?  Are you using Add Media/Files and Folders/Projects Assets or something else?

If these are photos raw format, what version of Camera Raw are you using?

More later.

We will be watching for your follow up.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Unable to get photos into workspace
                rumpole Level 1

Thanks to you all for your response to my query. I must apologise,  i feel a complete twit, of course you where correct i was using Premiere Elements the VIDEO editing

software. As soon as i opened the Photoshop Elements my STILLS worked without a problem.   Sorry for wasting your time

THANKS

• 5. Re: Unable to get photos into workspace
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

rumpole

Thanks for the follow up.

Stills can be imported into Premiere Elements to be part of a video project. There are several still formats that are supported.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/premiereelements/using/WSeffff8bffc802084-1665492e133c9c19956- 8000.html

What was the format of the still that you were trying to use in Premiere Elements? And, what version of Premiere Elements?

It sounds like you found a solution to your issue using Photoshop Elements instead of Premiere Elements. But, you may want to do a video project with stills in the future, so best clear up this matter. No Q&A is a waste of time. We all learn in the process.

Please do not hesitate to ask for clarification on anything written here.

Thanks.

ATR