1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 27, 2007 7:12 PM by Newsgroup_User

Anyone else have trouble with share layer?

ericdfields
      Funny how starting a forum post or figuring out how to ask about your problem causes you to figure out the solution?

I was having trouble sharing layers over pages. I selected a layer (with various shapes/text within it), set the pages that i wanted to share it on, but when i went to one of those pages, it just wouldn't work. When i went back in to modify the shared settings, it was as if i never set them up in the first place, even though a bullet was next to 'Share Layers with Pages...'

Turns out, it has _something_ to do with how I was naming my pages. I say something now because I'm guessing from here on in. I titled my pages like 'new widget, step2'. Changing the title to 'newWidget_step2' works fine. I'm guessing its a comma issue. Anyone experience the same?

Whew. What a gotcha!
        • 1. Re: Anyone else have trouble with share layer?
          Level 7
          ericdfields wrote:
          > Funny how starting a forum post or figuring out how to ask about your problem
          > causes you to figure out the solution?
          >
          > I was having trouble sharing layers over pages. I selected a layer (with
          > various shapes/text within it), set the pages that i wanted to share it on, but
          > when i went to one of those pages, it just wouldn't work. When i went back in
          > to modify the shared settings, it was as if i never set them up in the first
          > place, even though a bullet was next to 'Share Layers with Pages...'
          >
          > Turns out, it has _something_ to do with how I was naming my pages. I say
          > something now because I'm guessing from here on in. I titled my pages like 'new
          > widget, step2'. Changing the title to 'newWidget_step2' works fine. I'm
          > guessing its a comma issue. Anyone experience the same?
          >
          > Whew. What a gotcha!
          >
          Page names are also used as the default html file names which is why you
          had problems using the comma. Special characters are not allowed in html
          file names.

--
          Jim Babbage - .:Community MX:. & .:Adobe Community Expert:.
          Extending Knowledge, Daily
          http://www.communityMX.com/
          CommunityMX - Free Resources:
          http://www.communitymx.com/free.cfm
          ---
          .:Adobe Community Expert for Fireworks:.
          news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.fireworks
          news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.dreamweaver