7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 23, 2013 3:42 PM by peacedotnik

Patch doesnt work on Adobe After Effects CC

alanschein

Please Help. Im Traying to intall the patch but it says its not applicable for me.

Im log in to Creative Cloud and and im not in a Trial version.

Captura de pantalla 2013-10-23 a la(s) 08.54.18.png

Captura de pantalla 2013-10-23 a la(s) 09.00.48.png

• 1. Re: Patch doesnt work on Adobe After Effects CC
          Todd_Kopriva Level 8

Do these things in this order:

1. Make sure that you've activated your Creative Cloud software (i.e., you're not using a trial version).

2. Use the Creative Cloud application to check to see if you have any updates pending for other applications. If so, install them.

3. Restart your computer.

4. Try installing the After Effects CC (12.0.1) update again.

If that still fails, then...

5. Uninstall After Effects CC (12.0).

6. Reinstall After Effects CC (12.0).

7. Try installing the After Effects CC (12.0.1) update again.

• 2. Re: Patch doesnt work on Adobe After Effects CC
            Tim Reid

Hi,

I've followed all the steps above but the patch still fails with the same error.

An interesting phrase in the error message is "Updates have been suppressed by the Administrator"

I'm aware Mavericks has introduced security settings for apps - by default it's set to allow apps from Mac App Store and identified developers. I've changed that to "anywhere" but the patch still fails.

This fix was promised to be ready for the release of Mavericks, and in good faith I upgraded believing Adobe had fixed their product - now I have a broken product, so any help is much appreciated. As a Creative Cloud customer can I perhaps download After Effects CS6 which has a working version?

Thanks

Tim

• 3. Re: Patch doesnt work on Adobe After Effects CC
              Todd_Kopriva Level 8

> As a Creative Cloud customer can I perhaps download After Effects CS6

Of course. After Effects CS6 is available for download for Creative Cloud customers. Just go to the download page for Creative Cloud applications, click After Effects, and choose CS6.

If you need additional help with installing this update, contact Adobe Technical Support:

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact

• 4. Re: Patch doesnt work on Adobe After Effects CC
                Todd_Kopriva Level 8

> An interesting phrase in the error message is "Updates have been suppressed by the Administrator"

That sounds like something that you need to work out with your IT folks.

• 5. Re: Patch doesnt work on Adobe After Effects CC
                  Tim Reid Level 1

Hey Todd, actually it turns out that this odd phrase held the answer. I haven't *got* any IT folks, I'm a freelancer working on one laptop so I was struck by the phrase and the word "suppressed..."

I googled the phrase and found this page:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4758115

and followed this advice:

----------------------------------------

Problem solved:

I found the problem is due to AAME installing a pref file which DISABLES updates from working in CS products. TheAdobeUpdaterAdminPrefs.dat file. This is quite a pain and

someone installing Adobe CS with AAME may not be aware that this file is being installed, making it very confusing for administrators.

The solution is to delete or rename the  <Startup Disk>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AAMUpdaterInventory/1.0/AdobeUpdaterAdminPrefs.dat

----------------------------------------

Then I ran the patch and it has worked!

So it looks like the problem pre-dates Mavericks, but meantime I’m grateful for your help and maybe the info above can help others too.

• 6. Re: Patch doesnt work on Adobe After Effects CC
                    Todd_Kopriva Level 8

Glad you found that.

Who installed your software using AAMEE? That's enterprise application management software.

• 7. Re: Patch doesnt work on Adobe After Effects CC
                      peacedotnik

Thanks Todd, this worked for me. Not sure if I was being over-cautious, but I made sure to:

• Select the option to delete preferences when running the uninstaller
                      • Rebooted after uninstalling  and then rebooted again after re-installing AE

I realized only later that I ran the patch (successfully) before having launched the reinstalled copy of AE for the first time.