3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 24, 2013 6:35 AM by pooja2087

epub problem

Maria964 Level 1

Hi,

I want to generate an epub (2.01) In indesign CC (Windows) with around 30 chapters. Every chapter will go into a different xhtml file. But I want some white space before the first paragraph of every chapter. So i went to the css file and created a div id with the height of 33% and inserted that div in each of the xhtml files. This works in Kobo reader for Ipad and Bluefire Reader, but is not working in the iPad reader (iBook). What is happening. What is the best way to insert white space before the first paragraph....?

I have noticed too that (only in iBooks) I am getting a blank page between each chapter.... Why? Any advice?

Thank you in advance,

Maria

• 1. Re: epub problem
          pooja2087 Adobe Employee

Hi Maria,

You can define a paragraph style with Space before specified This option is available in Indents and Spacing section in Paragraph style options. The same style should be applied to the first paragraph of every chapter. The other option is to select the text frame and set Space Before from Custom Layout section in Object Export Options dialog. The dialog can be accessed from Object->Object Export Options.

Are you exporting a book to epub via book panel or exporting a single InDesign document to EPUB with split document on the basis of styles set?

Regards,

Pooja

• 2. Re: epub problem
            Maria964 Level 1

Thank you pooja2087,

I already knew those tricks. I have already applied them and... not working. Something strange is hapening...

Maria

• 3. Re: epub problem
              pooja2087 Adobe Employee

Can you share more details on what exactly is happening and it would be helpful if you could share a test file wherein you are encountering this issue.

Regards,

Pooja