7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 24, 2013 5:30 AM by Steven L. Gotz

exporting to FLV with alpha

dispophoto

Hi all,

i'm in the middle of a job and the client needs the videos exported to .flv with alpha channels to incorporate in a website popup video that has sign language translation of the accompanying text, similar to what is on this webpage:

http://www.chs.ca/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=736&Itemid=56&lang=en

Screen Shot 2013-10-23 at 1.58.26 PM.png

the web developer couldn't figure out how to get the alpha to become transparent, which is not this issue here.

the issue i'm having is with the quality of the .flv exports.

the above mentioned site's video looks like this:

Screen Shot 2013-10-23 at 2.01.33 PM.png

it has good image resolution.

however, when i try to export mine from a 1080p 4.2.2.  video source, to the flash On2 VP6 codec resized to 320, it comes out looking all pixelated like this:

Screen Shot 2013-10-23 at 2.03.43 PM.png

i've maxed out the bitrate to 10,000, set it to 2 pass, constant bit rate, quality at best, it comes out looking the same.

is there any way to get the video to keep its image resolution and still retain the alpha layer?

-ps: forgot to mention, i contacted the company of the website (i used to work there back in the day) both the web developer and the video technician don't work there anymore, the manager doesn't have any idea about the website details, it's recently been contracted out to an outside company, who will revamp the entire site.