3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 28, 2013 3:28 AM by try67

Batch import of metadata?

owl

Hello,

I'm hoping someone can help me with the following problem:

I have a large amount of PDFs and XMP files. Each PDF needs metadata imported from a corresponding xmp file of the same name. All the files are located in the same folder.

Is it possible to do this with a batch sequence? Are there any javascripts available that can handle this? Or do I need third party programs to do this job?

Any help is appreciated.

Owl

• 1. Re: Batch import of metadata?
          gkaiseril MVP & Adobe Community Professional

It might be possible but it could be very complex. Have you been able to do this for one file?

Have you looked at the Acrobat JavaScript API Reference for the metadata object?

• 2. Re: Batch import of metadata?
            owl Level 1

I can imagine, that it’s complex. And it would be far beyond my scope to program it myself. That’s why I was asking where to look for. I was considering it a common task and expected solutions already existing, but probably it isn’t. All I’ve found so far, was a PDFlib product, but it doesnt seem to offer a real batch process for multiple files, or an easy way to adjust it myself.

Owl

• 3. Re: Batch import of metadata?
              try67 MVP & Adobe Community Professional

This can be done with an Action and a custom-made script in Acrobat, or you can use a PDF library and write a stand-alone app that does it...