4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 11, 2013 3:30 AM by Raj1502

Need urgent help!!

Raj1502

Hello,

I am very new into flash development. If that is very basic, please forgive me.

I have one .fla project file which runs the multiple videos those are deifined in media.xml. My task is to create similar .fla file which will load some another xml to run another videos.

I have gone through some refrerence manuals but not getting anything direct.

My approach is to see how the xml is loaded in existing .fla and will change the xml name to load the other xml.

Please advice.

Thanks,

Raj

• 1. Re: Need urgent help!!
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Your approach sounds good.  All you should need to do is to find the current xml file named in the code and change that to the new file name.  What problem are you having?

• 2. Re: Need urgent help!!
            Raj1502 Level 1

Thanks for your reply, Ned.

Issue is i am not able to find the code.

How can i get that. i opened the .fla file in flash pro CS6 and trying to test (CTRL+Enter), it is goving me below errors:

Symbol 'FLVControls'1017: The definition of base class FLVControls was not found.

, Line 15000: The class 'com.wu.FLVControls' must subclass 'flash.display.MovieClip' since it is linked to a library symbol of that type.

FLVPlayback (Compiled Clip), Line 15000: The class 'fl.video.FLVPlayback' must subclass 'flash.display.MovieClip' since it is linked to a library symbol of that type.

I am not able to find any classes/code out there. I am working on it first time. Any help/suggestion really appreciated.

Thanks,

Raj

• 3. Re: Need urgent help!!
              Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

It looks like it might be a case where the code is in external class files.  Look for files that have a ".as" file extension, such as one named FLVControls.as, found via a com/wu file path.

One other thing you might do first is to check if there is an FLVPlayback component in the library... if not just drag an FLVPlayback component onto the stage and then delete it.  It is possible the errors are erupting due to not having that component in the library.

• 4. Re: Need urgent help!!
                Raj1502 Level 1

Thanks Ned for your response.

however i learnt to create a new flash player and created the one as well.

I am using a skin for flvPlayback component for player controls and it has the fullscreen button.

Full screen working fine in chrome and mozilla but it is not working in IE9. When i load the page and click on full screen button, It works for the 1st video and for the 2nd video when i click full screen, it just flickers but full screen doesn't happen.

It seems it is a known issue in IE but didnt find any work around.

Any suggestions if you can give please.

Thanks,

Raj