2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 24, 2013 8:17 AM by jzhess

Absent AIF audio in CS6 after converting from earlier version

jzhess Level 1
      The timelines I'm working on were originally created in Premiere 5 and 5.5.  The issue I'm having is when I open

them in CS6 some AIF files stop showing any wave form and playing (the Mp3's are fine). 

This doesn't happen on all timelines or all the time - but one timeline in particular. The audio is gone both when playing a single clip in the source monitor - and when playing a sequence in the program monitor.  But when I go back to the original file - it plays fine (these files are stored in an external hard-drive enclosure attached to the computer).  But even when I re-import the audio file - it doesn't play in the timline.

I'm on a new Imac with 3.4GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM, 1TB hard drive1, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675MX with 1GB
      (Not to muddy the water - but just to provide all potentially related info...each time I open the file, random video files go wacky - turning into a red and green screen.  By contrast, when I re-import these files - they work in the timline fine).
      Any help would be hugely appreciated...I'm at a loss! 
      Jacob