6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 25, 2014 7:56 AM by Willam van Weelden

When will RH10 be able to work with Office 2013?

kutter@karmak.com

As a requirement from Microsoft partnership we are upgrading all users to Office 2013. My users that use RoboHelp 10 are not able to export to Word. Is there an add-in or anything that is available to fix this? Or when will there be?

Thanks,

Kevin

• 1. Re: When will RH10 be able to work with Office 2013?
          Peter Grainge Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)

If they only want to generate to Word 2013 there is a workaround. Tell them to right click  layout > properties and it will create a printed document. Any other way to use the layout will not work.

If they want to import as well, you just ran out of luck.

Having both Word 2010 and 2013 on the system works as long as they run 2010 before doing anything Word related in Rh. 2010 does not have to be open, just the last run version.

You might want to create a new forum name next time, unless you need some spam from the harvesters.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

• 2. Re: When will RH10 be able to work with Office 2013?
            MM Acton Level 1

Pete, I'm about to face the same problem, also with RH v9, and just want to make sure that I understand what you're saying.

Normally, I double-click the name of the Single Source Layout. The Print Document General window opens and I go from there. Are you saying that if I'm upgraded to Word 2013, that I'd just have to right-click the name of the Single Source Layout to open the Print Document General window and everything will be fine?

• 3. Re: When will RH10 be able to work with Office 2013?
              MM Acton Level 1

Pete, I just checked your web site and it does indeed say, " I am told that double clicking a printed documentation layout will not work with Word 2013, neither will clicking Generate... if you right click the layout and select Properties you can then generate printed documentation. I understand you may get a macro error the first time but that it will work after that."

Has anyone used this successfully with RH 9?

• 4. Re: When will RH10 be able to work with Office 2013?
                MM Acton Level 1

I'm testing this now. I right-clicked and selected Properties. I got an odd error message (odd in that it was telling me to patch Office 2000!), but the file seems to be generating.  (And, by the way, though I posted this message at the end of a RH 10 post, I'm definitely using RH 9. Sorry! Posted it to the wrong thread. It still should be useful.)

In case you're curious, here's the message.

"The version of Microsoft® Word you are using has some known limitations with documents that contain a large number of list items (~1500). To avoid this problem, please download the latest Office 2000 service release (SR-2 or later). For more details, please see the online Help."

That error message might be caused by the fact that my Word doc is now 854 pages, but it did indeed generate.

• 5. Re: When will RH10 be able to work with Office 2013?
                  MM Acton Level 1

Just thought I'd update my status.

We're still using RoboHelp v9 and Word 2013. To generate Word outputs, I have to go to the Single Source Layouts pod, right-click the layout name, and then choose properties.

After that, everything works fine. I don't see errors anymore.

It looks like RoboHelp v11 supports 2013, so when we upgrade, this problem will go away. In the meantime, this workaround works.

• 6. Re: When will RH10 be able to work with Office 2013?
                    Willam van Weelden Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Though it is not supported by Adobe, you may want to take a look at the

following forum post: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5368354#5368354

Kind regards,

Willam