3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 24, 2013 8:18 PM by Chuck Uebele

Mixer Brush is not applying color?

StanWelks Level 1

In CS6, I am trying to apply color to the Canvas with the Mixer Brush, though it is not working. I am using Wet, Heavy, Mix brush and I select Blue as my foreground color, the color is showing in the toolbox and up above in the options bar, though when I paint it just seems to smudge the colors on the canvas. What is wrong with my settings? Thanks.Screen Shot 2013-10-24 at 7.12.55 PM.png

• 1. Re: Mixer Brush is not applying color?
          Chuck Uebele Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Lower your mix amount.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Mixer Brush is not applying color?
            StanWelks Level 1

1.) Is there some guideline for using the Mix amount? From what I read, it is a ratio of the Wet and Load amounts. Though if you could already adjust the Wet and Load amounts independently, what is the Mix amount for?

2.) Is the Load Brush and Clean Brush options from the drop down the same options as the two buttons right next to it labeled Load the brush after each stroke and Clean the brush after each stroke?

Thanks!

• 3. Re: Mixer Brush is not applying color?
              Chuck Uebele Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I don't use the mixer brush often, but here are what some of the settings do:

Wet determines how much color is picked up from the canvas to load the brush, so a setting of 0 will only pick up what's in your "resovoir" or the color you picked. 

Load is how much paint is picked up and how long that color will last in one stroke.  So if you set this at a high number, the loaded color will keep continuing painting, whil a low number will start to fade sooner.

Mix will only come on if there is some value other than 0 in wet, as it determines how much the brush will mix with the canvas.  So the high the number the more the brush will mix just the color on the canvas and not what's loaded into the brush.

1 person found this helpful