3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 16, 2015 4:49 AM by Kat Gaddis 1256

iOS7 xcode5 Edge Animations won´t show on iPad

iwantfreehandback

Hi,

i´ve just updated my development ipad and xcode to ios7 and xcode 5.

The app i´m developing uses webviews to display content – which includes images and edge animations –

embedded in one html-file using iscroll.js to swipe through (one page ould be an image, the next a Edge Animation,

separated in <li>-elements).

The Edge-Animations won´t show up, its just a blank page. However the iOS-Simulator shows everything correctly

but on the ipad the Animations just won´t show. Is this a known issue?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: iOS7 xcode5 Edge Animations won´t show on iPad
          sarhunt Adobe Employee

Hey there,

Few things:

• Does your script work as expected in the webview without the embedded Animate content?
          • Does the Animate content work as expected in isolation in the webview?

Reducing the test case can help isolate the issue to pinpoint where the problem lies (webview, the script, Animate, other) any other approaches you've tried?

Sarah

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: iOS7 xcode5 Edge Animations won´t show on iPad
            iwantfreehandback Level 1

Hi there,

i´ve been on vacation – sorry for the late reply. The problem is solved, well partially.

I´ve had an error in the export-settings, which turned out not to be the problem after all, but first this:

Bildschirmfoto 2013-11-04 um 11.00.11.png

Sorry, its the german Version. I´ve had the Framework via CDN-Option activated, which obviously could not work

if your ipad has no wireless-connection at all. You could image my embarrasement, once i´ve figured that out

But, after exporting all the animations again, this time with the right settings, it still didn´t work. I solved i with

a little trick – i´ve inserted a SIM-Card, the ipad loaded the framework and then it still worked after removing

the card again. I don´t know how the caching within an App works, but i´m a little bit confused by the fact, that

it didn´t work without the SIM-Card after replacing every Animation. But i´m confident that it will work out

somehow later in this week, i keep you posted.

Thanks,

André

• 3. Re: iOS7 xcode5 Edge Animations won´t show on iPad
              Kat Gaddis 1256

keep me posted. I also having problems with my animations not working in iBooks on the iPad. Would love to hear how you make out