• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cp7- SWF not launching. Player or Cp problem?

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2013 Oct 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently switched from Cp5 to Cp7 and retain both versions. After publishing a SWF in Flash 10, the file launches fine in IE 9 browser but not in player generated with Action Scrip 3. Recieved the following errors when launching through player: :  Error #2044: Unhandled IOErrorEvent:. text=Error #2036: Load Never Completed.

Re-installed Cp7 using defaults. Matched all preferences to Cp5 and re-published newly created file, same result.

Used Cp5 followed same steps and experienced no problems.

This leads me to believe the issue resides in the player or Cp7. What can I do to resolve this issue?

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2013 Oct 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jim,

Welcome to Adobe Forums!

Are you facing this issue only with those projects which you have upgraded from 5 to 7 ?

Are you testing it locally or you have uploaded your published output on any LMS ?

Please make sure that you have latest version of Flash installed on your computer .http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Thanks and Regards

Himanshu Satija

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2013 Oct 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Himanshu,

The only problems are with Captivate 7 SWFs. The ones produced in v5 are fine. I am testing locally since our site is secure and at an enterprise level. Currently, I have Flash v11 installed. Will download and re-install and see if that corrects the problem. Thank you... Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jim,

Generally it is recomended to open the .html file instead of  the .swf file  and the .html file will call the .swf file along with the other components associated with it .

In which player you are opening the swf file.

Thanks and Regards

Himanshu Satija

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Himanshu,

I have re-installed Flash v11.

Now, the error message does not appear, however, the player screen goes blank and the swf does not launch.

I have not updated or changed anything other than the version of Captivate (7) to generate a swf.

Generated one in v5 to test, it worked fine.

The player (standard type, nothing fancy) is one created by a previous company (contract situation) using Action Script 3 that lauches within the IE window when button for lesson is clicked.

By design, a menu generated in xml (controlled by a master and index) launches the whole system in IE9.

The menu appears and you can select an entery, topic, and then sub-topic and provides a button that calls the swf.

Once clicked, a player skin replaces the menu and launches the swf within its window. The swf is called not the html.

I tried calling the html instead of the swf, that only got rid of the blank screen. The swf still did not launch.

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can double click the HTM file published by Captivate and it will launch the SWF OK, then your issue must be in your custom player.  It must have some code that is not now compatible with Cp7 output.  Lots of things have changed in Cp output since Cp5.  It would only require a small difference to trip up your player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2013 Oct 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rod.

I'm starting to think so as well. Going to have a time figuring this one out since there is not much documentation. BTW, the file plays fine when opened using IE9, Chrome, and Fire Fox.

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Can you please try opening your swf file in Chrome browser and see its working or not. This information helps us in understanding whether the issue is specific to your custom player or with Captivate SWF.

Thanks,

Nimmy Sukumaran.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nimmy,

I successfully opened the file using IE9, Chrome, and Fire Fox. I have not tested the full functionality of other browsers since we use IE9 exclusively due to set enterprise standards of hardware and software. I'm starting to think the problems is in the code for the custom user interface (Menu/Player). Hope this helps.

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jim,

It may be the issue with your player but you can try one more step, Just try to add the flash content in the trusted location of Flash.

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/communicate-internet-flash-content.html

Thanks and regards

Himanshu Satija

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hamanshu,

I had alredy done that but verified the setting. Then ran test again, same results. It appears now that it is an issue with the code (Action Script 3) used to generate the Menu/Player. Drat, now have to switch hats...

Thanks for the info..

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources