8 Replies Latest reply on Jan 9, 2017 7:42 PM by Trevor.Dennis

Printing blank pages

Jimmy83 Level 1

Hello

Everything I try to print from Photoshop to my Epson Stylus Pro 3880 just prints a blank page.

It sounds like it's printing, i.e. the printer head moves up and down across the paper, however no ink is depositied on to the page. Ink levels are fine.

I can print fine from other applications; it's only Photoshop that's causing a problem.

This is on a Mac running OS X 10.6.8, Photoshop 12.0 x64. I have tried upgrading the printer driver to the latest version: 9.04.

I have also tried totally removing the driver and reinstalling it, and have tried reinstalling Photoshop.

Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this please?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Printing blank pages
          Level 7

First, go download and install the updates for Photoshop 12.

But this sounds like a driver problem - Photoshop sends the image to the printer, but the driver isn't printing the image...

• 2. Re: Printing blank pages
            Jimmy83 Level 1

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply.

We have installed the latest updates, but still have the same issue unfortunately.

We did try Epson support but they said this was a problem with Photoshop, since the printer prints OK from other applications.

Do you have any other suggestions please?

Thanks,

James

• 3. Re: Printing blank pages
              Level 7

Epson gave you bad information.

Other applications may not be using the same print APIs (and especially not color managed print APIs).

Photoshop hands the image to the printer driver (and works with everyone else's printer driver), but the driver is spitting out blank pages -- the problem is either in the OS communication with the driver, or in the driver itself.

• 4. Re: Printing blank pages
                Jimmy83 Level 1

Just to let you know, we fixed this by changing the color management option from printer to photoshop.

• 5. Re: Printing blank pages
                  donnacall Level 1

Newly installed P600.  Same issue, blank pages in Photoshop but not other apps.  The above advice is reversed.

Only way I got a print is to let the PRINTER manage the color management, not Photoshop as I am used to doing.  UGH.  What is Epson thinking?

YES< I downloaded all the latest print drivers from Apple and Epson.

Note that the Epson Printer Connect software step can't find the printer but my OS can obviously since I just printed somethings out.

• 6. Re: Printing blank pages
                    Trevor.Dennis Adobe Community Professional

Hi Donna

Can you start a new thread for this please?  A lot of people will see this thread as having a correct answer, and not bother to open it.  You were in danger of slipping of page one when I opened it.

Give the thread a subject something like

'Color Management problem when Printing'

And tell us what Photoshop version, and operating system you are using.

Thanks, and good luck.

• 7. Re: Printing blank pages
                      donnacall Level 1

I do NOT know how to do so and just got yelled at by a guy saying I was in the acrobat forum when the top of the page said Photoshop General, so go figure.

Send a link, happy to do so.  and Thank you!

• 8. Re: Printing blank pages
                        Trevor.Dennis Adobe Community Professional

Go to this page:

Photoshop General Discussion

And click on Start a discussion