• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I need to have my authorizations reset for Digital Editions, but cannot contact anyone at Adobe.

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2013 Oct 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to have my authorizations reset for Digital Editions, but cannot contact anyone at Adobe. Would like to purchase new devices for my reading, ubt need reset before I can.  How do I get in touch with someone at Adobe.  Everything on web site just goes in circles. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 25, 2013 Oct 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2013 Oct 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chat would probably be fine, but I have not been able to find it. How do I get to it??

Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2013 Oct 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2013 Oct 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried the link you provided, but nothing there addresses my problem. I would like to try CHAT, but cannot find any way to get to it. I used the link that Ned Murphy sent, http://www.adobe.com/support/chat/ivrchat.html but all it does is put me right back to where I was, with no access to chat. I have been using Digital Editions for many years, and am planning on getting new computers and tablets which will need to be authorized. Please help.

Noel Johnson

johno02@charter.net

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2013 Oct 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving discussion to Digital Edition forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Live Chat: http://www.adobe.com/support/chat/ivrchat.html,

or as a slight short cut try http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?product=digital-editions&topic=using-my-product-or-service

Click on 'I still need help' and then you should see 'Chat with an Agent' at the bottom of the page.

'Ask our experts' will indeed just lead you back to this forum.

Sometimes you will get ‘Sorry! All agents are busy— please check back soon.’

Don’t refresh the page, just hang on and it should eventually go to ‘Chat Now, an agent is available’.

They can reset your authorizations, and then you must reauthorize any devices you still need.

(Unfortunately, Adobe haven’t got round to an admin website for viewing and editing authorizations.)

Some of the representatives haven't been properly trained and don't know what to do (and claim there is nothing they can do);

in that case the only way seems to be to give up that chat and try another session hoping for a properly trained representative.

If your problem is with another device using Overdrive, Bluefire, Aldiko or similar third party app, it is recommended not to mention that app when on the chat, just mention that you have run out of authorizations  (E_ACT_TOO_MANY_ACTIVATIONS) .  Thanks to AJP_Bear for that tip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally did get to someone on Chat. Seems that one of my browsers would not open chat, so I tried the other and it worked. However, I tried to re-authorize my main computer, and all I get is another error message, "Activation Server error, code:E_AUTH_NOT_READY" So I guess I will try to get back on chat and hope that I get someone that knows something other than just how to read a script. Its not really bothering me right now, as I do get my books downloaded, and can read them, just can't sideload to my NOOK. I can download directly from the internet to the NOOK, so it really isn't a big problem. I just like for things to work right.

Noel Johnson

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Oct 30, 2013 Oct 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is possible that chat have done the necessary reset, but ADE is confused.

~~~~~

Sometimes ADE gets its registration/activation confused and in a semi-authorized state.

Uninstalling and reinstalling does not help.

Unfortunately, it often then gives misleading error messages about what is wrong.

A common incorrect message informs you that the ID is already in use on another computer and cannot be reused.

This can often be resolved by completely removing any authorization using ctrl-shift-D to the Library screen on ADE (cmd-shift-D if on Mac).

Restart ADE, and then reauthorize with your (old) Adobe ID.

In extreme cases on the mac, the following extra step has helped some people.  Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash. If you are using 10.7, see Access hidden user library files | Mac OS 10.7 Lion. http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1265248?tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 21, 2014 Aug 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ADE won't let you sign in due to authorization error code

Kobo e-readers 

Step 1: You must install ADE Download Adobe Digital Editions 1.7.1.1085 FOR FREE to win.

Step 2: you must install ADE 2.0 Adobe Digital Editions downloads

Step 3: you must install ADE 3.0 Download | Adobe Digital Editions Home

create your Adobe ID

user name is your e-mail

password: *******

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines