0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 27, 2007 11:08 PM by Ruziyo

HLP Viewer for Windows Vista

Ruziyo
      Hi Guys,

Here is the story. :-)

I have some trouble in vieweing HLP files in Vista. My development is in Vista, for that,, I need to see HLP files for creating CHM files. But came to know that, HLP files are not viewable by default. For that, I downloaded an update from microsoft site: " Windows6.0-KB917607-x86". But, when I tried to execute it, it threw an error like "The update does not apply to your system". There, I strucked here,,and left it. :-)

After a few days, I installed Visual Studio 2005 for some other purpose. Now, I am able to see HLP without the index. I dont know,,,how it is working now.But, at the time of opening, getting an error like "There was a problem runnning the macro (1037)". So, searched in google for a nice solution, advised me to edit the registry:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/917607

But, in the same article, they are saying,,its not recommendable to edit the registry for viewing HLP files,,as may cause the virus attack.

So, now I am in a dilemma, whether to continue or not ?? Is there any other way/solution for this problem.

Help willl be appreciated.

Thanks,
      -Ruziyo.