• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

URL's for Web Help?

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2007 Dec 27, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, my apologies if this question is as lame as it seems!

When my project is published and accessed via the web, the URL displayed in the address bar is always the start page no matter what page I've navigated to within the project. This makes it difficult to send a specific URL to a user in the form of: "Please see http:\\Product1\SecondChapter\ThirdTopic".

At the moment, I have to find the page myself, go to the directory of the project, and find where the file is physically located and then use that physical directory to construct a URL for the user.

I've tried using different (DHTML, JAVA, Pure HTML) TOC options, and they all have the same behaviour. Is there some easier way to point to specific topics within a Web Help project? I must be missing something obvious!

Thanks!
Keith

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Dec 27, 2007 Dec 27, 2007
My apologies if I misinterpreted your post--I'm rushing.

Right-click in the frame that displays the topic (not the TOC) and click 'Properties.' The URL should be in the Properties dialog that appears.

//Lucas

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Dec 27, 2007 Dec 27, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies if I misinterpreted your post--I'm rushing.

Right-click in the frame that displays the topic (not the TOC) and click 'Properties.' The URL should be in the Properties dialog that appears.

//Lucas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2007 Dec 28, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks! That will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp