1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 25, 2013 10:51 AM by Chuck Uebele

Shape/Path - transform/convert -bug?

FauxtoGuy Level 1

I have noticed a few subtle UI changes in PShop CC -some of which seem like bugs. Here's one:

When I apply "transform" to a newly created Elipse path (which has been pre-specified as a path), I get this prompt:

"This operation will turn a live shape into a regular path. Continue?"

But the elipse I have created is NOT a shape. The Path option has alrady been selected. Yes, this is a very minor quibble, but as a former beta (and alpha) tester, I tend to be compulsively thorough! OTOH, perhaps there is a user error on my part. I did double check that new paths created with elipse tool are spec'd as "paths".

thanks

• 1. Re: Shape/Path - transform/convert -bug?
          Chuck Uebele Adobe Community Professional & MVP

There are some issues with the new shapes.  I'm not 100% sure on this but they now have "Live shapes" where you can set some of the shape/path properties like how rounded the curves are on a rounded rectangle.  So I guess the elipse also has some "Live" properties.  However, once you transform the shape/path, you lose the ability to edit those properties and the shape/path becomes a regualar shape/path.  I suppose it would be good for them to specify in the alert what exactly on what you working - path or shape.