1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 26, 2013 3:43 AM by Adgatez

Mavericks won't run PSCS5 or ILCS6

Titusmith

I use a MacBook Pro running OSX v10.9 with a 2.66 GHz Intel Core i7 and 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3. I use Adobe Photoshop CS5 and Adobe Illustrator CS6.

After installing Mavericks last night, I spent a couple hours figuring out that I had to install a Java update and delete my Astute plug-ins for illustrator. Photoshop worked fine (no plug-ins are used). After deleting the old plug-ins, installing the available updates from a Astute's website and restarting the computer, Illustrator was back up and running.

I used both programs this morning for a couple hours. No problems. I quit both programs for an hour or so, came back and tried reopening each. Photoshop will no longer open. An error message says "could not initialize program" and shuts it down. Illustrator appears to start but will not open existing or new files.

When restarted in safe mode, each program works properly. What can I do to make them work in normal mode? Is there a way to find out what non-default extensions or plug-ins are preventing my programs from working properly? I thought this issue was resolved last night...