9 Replies Latest reply on Dec 30, 2007 1:55 PM by k4v3

Flex 3 Won't Run

benrigby
      Hi - When I try to run a project I get a popup error message that says "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive" with buttons: Cancel, Try Again, Continue. All of which, when clicked, bring the popup up again - infinite loop.... No love. Can't do anything with the software.
        • 1. Re: Flex 3 Won't Run
          Gaurav J Adobe Employee
          Hi,

Can you please provide more details about the system environment and, how you are launching the project?

Does this happen for all apps or for a specific apps?

Thanks,
          Gaurav Jain
          Flex SDK Team
          • 2. Re: Flex 3 Won't Run
            benrigby Level 1
            Sure. I'm on Vista Business.
            Pentium 4 3GHz
            2046mb ram

I get the error when I do just about anything in Flex. For example, I boot up the app, it loads the start page, I click "Full tutorial" link for "Create a Simple RIA" and I get the error. I then have to force quit the app before I can do anything again.

So, I start it back up and attempt to create a new project, which I do - just using the minimum default template. It lets me create the project shell. When I try to compile, I get the same error.
            • 3. Re: Flex 3 Won't Run
              Gaurav J Adobe Employee
              What is the version of Flex builder that you are using? Have tried reinstalling the flex builder?

Thanks,
              Gaurav
              • 4. Re: Flex 3 Won't Run
                benrigby Level 1
                it's: flexbuilder3_b3_win_sa_121207
                yes, i tried uninstalling and re-installing.
                now, i've just uninstalled again and am going to try the eclipse plugin version.
                • 5. Re: Flex 3 Won't Run
                  benrigby Level 1
                  Just got the same error with the plugin -
                  This time it started the Launch process - and spit the error as it said "Performing pre-launch check"
                  • 6. Re: Flex 3 Won't Run
                    benrigby Level 1
                    Just installed on my laptop (using the same installer file), also running Vista Business and it works fine. So, there's just some conflict on this desktop machine (which is a bummer since it's my development box).

• 7. Re: Flex 3 Won't Run
                      Gaurav J Adobe Employee
                      Do you have a different version of JVM on the desktop machine? Can you try installing to a different location on that machine?

Thanks,
                      Gaurav Jain
                      Flex SDK Team
                      • 8. Re: Flex 3 Won't Run
                        benrigby Level 1
                        I uninstalled a version of JVM that I had on the machine. Uninstalled Flex. Then reinstalled Flex into a different directory, but got the same error.

I also got what looks like some sort of debugging window. I put a screenshot up at: www.dfilm.com/misc/flexerror.gif and a screenshot of the error up at: www.dfilm.com/misc/flexerrss.jpg
                        • 9. Re: Flex 3 Won't Run
                          k4v3
                          Had the same problem.
                          on Vista Ultimate...can anybody fix that problem ?????
                          I would like to send the screenshot...but it says the same as by benrigby