1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 27, 2007 4:40 PM by Newsgroup_User

Problem creating a button

greatestates
      I'm new to Fireworks and am using the free trial period to see if I want to buy it. I want to create a button, and I thought I could just drag the Styles icon I wanted to use onto to the work area. But these icons apparently aren't draggable, or else I've got something set wrong. I managed to create some buttons using the Auto Shape Properties but that wasn't what I wanted. The instructions only tell you that something can be done in FW, but not how to do it. I saw lots of references to a Button Editor, but no clue on how to find it and open it. Can anyone help? Thanks!
        • 1. Re: Problem creating a button
          Level 7
          greatestates wrote:
          > I'm new to Fireworks and am using the free trial period to see if I want to buy
          > it. I want to create a button, and I thought I could just drag the Styles icon
          > I wanted to use onto to the work area. But these icons apparently aren't
          > draggable, or else I've got something set wrong. I managed to create some
          > buttons using the Auto Shape Properties but that wasn't what I wanted. The
          > instructions only tell you that something can be done in FW, but not how to do
          > it. I saw lots of references to a Button Editor, but no clue on how to find it
          > and open it. Can anyone help? Thanks!

Drag out a rectangle with the vector rectangle tool. While it is still
          selected, click on the style you want to apply to it. Once you've done
          that, choose Modify > Symbol > Convert to symbol. Follow the symbol
          wizard the rest of the way.

--
          Linda Rathgeber [PVII] *Adobe Community Expert-Fireworks*
          --------------------------------------------------------------
          http://www.projectseven.com
          Fireworks Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/fireworks/
          CSS Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/css/
          http://www.adobe.com/communities/experts/
          --------------------------------------------------------------