3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 28, 2013 10:23 AM by A.T. Romano

Missing LAV Audio Channel - Urgent

LucyBee

Hi there

I am new to Premiere but used it for a corporate video. I imported all the MOV files, and now I can't find the LAV audio stream. I have tried reimporting the footage but I just get the Mic sound and no LAV. Any suggestions of what I have done wrong here? I would very much appreciate the help.

Thanks

Lucy

• 1. Re: Missing LAV Audio Channel - Urgent
          Anit_Kumar Adobe Employee

Moving the discussion to Premiere Forum.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

• 2. Re: Missing LAV Audio Channel - Urgent
            John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

1st are you using Premiere ELEMENTS (this forum) or Premiere PRO which is a different forum?

2nd I presume your LAV was connected to your camera, so what was your video setting in the camera?

Also... the information you need to provide when you ask a question... for the program you use

-PPro Information FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/message/4200840

-Premiere Elements FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1042180

• 3. Re: Missing LAV Audio Channel - Urgent
              A.T. Romano Level 7

LucyBee

If this is a question related to Premiere Pro, then you or one of the moderators needs to move your thread with its question to the Premiere Pro Forum.

If you are trying to import into Premiere Elements a .mov file which was recorded using a lav mic, I would expect one file with video+audio. That type of file would present with video (Video 1) linked to all of its audio (Audio 1). So if what you are putting on the Premiere Elements Timeline has video (Video 1) but no audio (Audio 1), then that would suggest:

a. your lav mic was not working properly during recording

b. an audio codec issue (gspot codec utility can help you with that....http://www.headbands.com/gspot/  )

c. other

Lots of possibilities. But, Premiere Elements and Premiere Elements related details are needed if you are working with some version of Premiere Elements.

1. What version of Premiere Elements are you working with and on what computer operating system is it running?

2. What are you using to record your video with audio (brand/model camera and settings)? Did you double check the mic setup?

3. What are the properties of your .mov's video and audio....video and audio compressions, frame size, frame rate, pixel aspect ratio, etc

And what project preset did you or the project set to match the properties of these source .mov media?

4. What do you see when you import your .mov file....video on Video 1? audio on Audio 1 or anywhere else? Do you see a wave form in the Audio 1 content where all your audio will be? Do you see any audio conforming going on as evidenced by an audio conforming progress bar appearing and disappearing at the bottom of the workspace?

We will be watching for further developments.

Please let me know if you need clarification on anything written or if I have misinterpreted what you seek.

Thanks.

ATR