5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 7, 2008 5:19 AM by MergeThis

Image Problems

nwhitaker
      We are working on our first project with RoboHelp 6 (WebHelp) and are finding inconsistencies when we look at the generated project. On all PCs (desktops-4), the images display in both development and the generated project. On the desktops and our laptop (shared among us and not used consistently in development), the images are visible on the WYSIWYG page and when viewing the page. However, some screen capture images are missing when we generate and view the project on our laptop . When the image doesn't display, a placeholder outline with a red 'x' appears.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!
      NWhitaker
        • 1. Re: Image Problems
          Peter Grainge Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)
          Welcome to the forum.

Are all four of you working on one project across a network? If you are, is that in conjunction with source control, which is OK, or without source control, which is not OK.

Tell us more about what is located on which PC.

• 2. Re: Image Problems
            nwhitaker Level 1
            Thank you.

We are using source control that is based on a server. Each PC, including the laptop, has a local version and we work locally on the PCs. (Set up after taking your source control article into account.) We primarily use the laptop for group meetings, so we're not actually developing on it.
            • 3. Re: Image Problems
              Peter Grainge Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)
              "My source control article"???

This sounds like a source control problem and I don't do source control.

Seems like the laptop is not getting stuff properly from source control but I cannot help you on that.

Someone else please?

• 4. Re: Image Problems
                nwhitaker Level 1
                Peter -

My mistake on the article... We referenced your "Getting started with RoboHelp 6" article and then the "Getting started with RoboSource Control 3" help text. Sorry to have mis-attributed!

Thanks for being a resource!
                • 5. Re: Image Problems
                  MergeThis Level 4
                  You say "some screen capture images are missing when we generate and view the project on our laptop."

I would suspect that your laptop has not acquired those missing images from the source control product. A "placeholder outline with a red 'x'" is the dead giveaway, here.

Good luck,
                  Leon