3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 27, 2013 6:26 PM by A.T. Romano

Rendering a clip as a separate file

John H. Power

I am coming from Premiere Pro 2 where this was so easy.  You marked your in out points in the video window, sent it to the time line and rendered it as a new file.  I now have the clip from the full video that I want to save as a separate file in my Elements timeline and for the life of me I cannot figure out how to do it.

• 1. Re: Rendering a clip as a separate file
          A.T. Romano Level 7

John H. Power

It is always good to say what version of Premiere Elements you are using and on what computer operating system it is running.

So in the absence of that I will generalize (in a specific sort of way).

You say for Premiere Pro 2

You marked your in out points in the video window, sent it to the time line and rendered it as a new fil

You can do the same thing in Premiere Elements...render the Timeline content for preview purposes IF indicated and export to one of the many choices available in the sharing section of the program.

Please read my detailed blog post on this subject.

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2013/06/pe11-project-assets-organization-for.html

That blog post was written with Premiere Elements 11 descriptions and graphics. The principles are the same in

other Premiere Elements versions earlier than 11. But, feature locations may differ in versions of Premiere Elements earlier than 11.

Please review. Then let me know if I have targeted what you seek.

Thanks.

ATR.

• 2. Re: Rendering a clip as a separate file
            John H. Power Level 1

Thanks. I figured it out,  you have to use the Publish-Share menu.   PE 12

John H. Power

• 3. Re: Rendering a clip as a separate file
              A.T. Romano Level 7

John H. Power

Thanks for the follow up.

From your reply I am not sure we were on the same wave length on this.

If you are talking in terms of selectively exporting from the Timeline, two factors are important

a. setting the gray tabs of the WorkArea Bar to span just the segment for export

AND

b. in the export settings, have a check mark next to Share WorkArea Bar Only (if your export choice has the option)

"a" and "b", together, make this work (Export choices are found in the Publish+Share/ section of your Premiere Elements 12 (assumed Windows 7 or 8 64 bit).

ATR