2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 2, 2013 11:21 PM by CaliPVP

Program monitor constantly freezing/stalling when playing dynamically linked After Effects comps

Peter J Kovacs Level 2

I'm having program monitor issues when I try to play dynamically linked After Effects comps from my Premiere timeline. I realize it's expected to have jerky playback since After Effects comps are memory and CPU intense, but it doesn't seem normal for these things to happen:

1. Sometimes during playback, the program monitor completely freezes while audio continues to play and the CTI continues to move along timeline. When this happens, there's no way to stop the playback at all using mouse or keyboard... so I'm forced to just quit Premiere and re-open project.
      2. Program monitor can also freeze when I place the CTI on top of the After Effects comp. Sometimes if I wait a minute, the screen could update and eventually display the After Effects comp.
      3. I'm unable to render effects on the Premiere timeline because it just hangs at "Rendering frame 0" and never advances forward.

There's nothing special about the After Effects comp I'm linked to... it could just be regular text that I animated using ease keyframes and motion blur.

I originally thought it was related to GPU settings but it doesn't make a difference if I set After Effects to use CPU instead of GPU or set Premiere's Mercury Playback engine to software, CUDA, or openGL. I even have the latest CUDA drivers installed on my Mac. But I must mention that this issue got significanly worst after updating to OSX 10.9 Mavericks.

Here's my system details:

OSX 10.9 Mavericks

Premiere 7.0.1 (105)

After Effects 12.0.1.7 (I installed the OS X Mavericks crash update fix)

The most prevalent error messages displayed in the OSX console is:

Adobe Premiere Pro CC[402]: dynamic_cast error 1: Both of the following type_info's should have public visibility.  At least one of them is hidden. N5dvaui2ui8MessageTIKNS0_7UI_NodeEEE, N5dvaui8controls23UI_PictureSupplyMessageE.

Here's a few that are less common:

Adobe Premiere Pro CC[402]: [PremiereCocoaMacApplication handleMenuCommand:1633841013 from <DVAMacMenuItem: 0x6100002f8300 About Premiere Pro>]

After Effects[377]: -[NSMenu menuID]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x600000077080

If anybody has any ideas or suggestions, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

-Pete