2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 28, 2013 8:03 AM by Peter Spier

Page reshuffle

daCCvinci

I have an Indesign CC brochure prepared in reader spreads but need to convert to printer spreads. How do I retain the orignial auto page numbers?

• 1. Re: Page reshuffle
          rob day Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you are printing in house use Print Booklet, if it's being printed commercially let the printer handle imposition.

• 2. Re: Page reshuffle
            Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Are you doing the printing, or sending it out? It's normally the printer's responsibility to impose a file for print.

That said, there are a number of option sif you need to do this. The first is to use Print Booklet. This is easier in Windows than Mac if you want a PDF rather than physical output.

Next is to place the pages into a new file. They'll keep the page numbers they have.

Next is to use a script like Dave Saunders BuildBooklet.jsx script from http://pdsassoc.com/downloads/Buildbooklet.zip or his MakeBooklet script from Dave's CS3 Booklet Script which can handle content that spans across the spine. Both are old, and I have not tested in CC, but can probably be made to work, and neither can handle creep.

Finaly there are plugins for both ID and Acrobat that will do imposition. You might want to check out IDimposer: Overview | IDImposer