5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 30, 2013 10:27 AM by Mark Mapes

Project Crashes While Opening

bwall

I've been editing a project using h.264 files from Canon 5d mark iii shot at 1280x720 60p. I started by interpreting all my video files to 23.976 then started editing. The project had kept crashing over the course of editing the past two days. Today I tried to open the project and it won't even open. This message pops up...

Premiere Pro has encountered an error.

[/sirreact64/releases/2013.03/shared/adobe/dvamediatypes/project/mac/../../src/TickTime.cp p-376]

Then immediately follwing I get this message...

Adobe Premiere Pro

Sorry, a serious error has occurred that requires Adobe Premiere Pro to shut down. We will attempt to save your current project.

This is quite frustrating, as I've got a very short deadline and cannot open the project. PLEASE, any help is greatly appreciated!

My computer details:

OS X 10.8.5

2.7 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB

Working in Premiere Pro CC (up to date)

• 1. Re: Project Crashes While Opening
          Kevin-Monahan Adobe Employee

Hi bwall,

Do you have a backup? Check out your Auto Save folder if you have not backed up the file. See if you can open a slightly older copy of the project.

Thanks,
          Kevin

• 2. Re: Project Crashes While Opening
            bwall Level 1

Hello Kevin,

Thanks for your speedy response. I really really appreciate it!

Yes I do have an auto save, I'm currently working off of. But I still lost about 5 yours of work. And My biggest concern is that it will happen again, and I'll lose more hours of work.

Do you have any insight on the problem... do you think it's an interpreting footage issue?

Thanks again!

• 3. Re: Project Crashes While Opening
              rrmcafee

I'm also having this exact same problem with the only 2 projects I've worked on with Premiere Pro CC on my new computer.

I bought a new Macbook Pro 3 weeks ago, (2.7 ghz intel core i7, 16gb ram, OS X 10.8.5--same as bwall's), so there's not really anything else installed on it other than Premiere and other CC items.

I'm using my Canon 5D MK II's native H264 .mov files and other files that have been converted to match my camera's settings.

At a certain point in both of my edits, I'm getting the same error as bwall "Sorry, a serious error has occurred that requires Adobe Premiere Pro to shut down. We will attempt to save your current project."

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing Premiere 2 times and I'm still getting the error.

Thanks for any help you can give me/us!

• 4. Re: Project Crashes While Opening
                thoughtprocessfilms Level 1

Yes, same problem here. It supposedly has something to do with interpreting footage and Adobe is allegedly addressing this in the "October" premiere update. Today is October 30th so hopefully it comes today or tomorrow.

I fixed this once before by conforming slowmo files outisde of premiere, but today it is happening again on the same project with no new slowmo footage imported. The particularly insidious thing about this bug is that there is no indication that there is any problem while you are working, only when you try to open the project after closing. So all of yesterday I was working away, dutifully saving my project only to find out today that it won't open. The only autosave version I can open is from yesterday morning. So, oh well, there goes hours of work and hundreds of dollars.

We were told the great benefit of the Creative Cloud would be the frequent updates and bug fixes. Obviously, Adobe cannot deliver on that promise.

• 5. Re: Project Crashes While Opening
                  Mark Mapes Adobe Employee

I just sent private messages to each of you requesting copies of projects that trigger this crash, but you can ignore that request. As thoughtprocessfilms alluded, this same crash was reported in http://forums.adobe.com/message/5549472#5549472, and the forthcoming update includes the fix.

Sorry for the inconvenience & frustration.