14 Replies Latest reply on Jul 22, 2016 7:43 AM by andrewa19565465

Can't see the thumbnails of most of my clip in the timeline (Premiere CC)

JHDfilms Level 1

Hi,

I recently upgraded from CS6 to CC and I have a question. Is it normal that when I zoom in my timeline I can't see all the thumbnails of all my clips. When my timeline is all zoomed out I can only see the tumbnail of my very long clips and I need to zoom in the see the shorter one or else then don't load and when I zoom out again they disapear.

Exemple :

my timeline all zoomed out so I can see everything. Only the thumnail of my longest clip will load.

Screen Shot 2013-10-28 at 12.54.15 PM.png

zoomed in a little. More tumnails appeares but I stil can't see most of them

Screen Shot 2013-10-28 at 12.54.47 PM.png

zoomed in a lot. Most of the tumnnails loaded but their's still a few missing (the shorter one's)

Screen Shot 2013-10-28 at 12.55.06 PM.png

Zoomed in even more...

Screen Shot 2013-10-28 at 12.55.25 PM.png

And then if I zoom out, they all dissepear even if they all loaded a few seconds ago.

Screen Shot 2013-10-28 at 1.06.35 PM.png

It's really frustrating because I get lost in my work. I tried the Video Head And Tail Tumbnails, Video Head Tumbnail and Continous Video Tumbnails options and I didn't change anything and yes I checked the Show Video Tumbnails.

Here's my system detail :

Imac OSX 10.9 (Marverick).

Processor : 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7.

Memory: 32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3,

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

My iMac is brand new there is is like only 40 gigs of stuff on the hard drive (3TB fusion drive). All my footage is from that hard drive and not a external hard drive.

Anyone have a solution for this?

Thanks!

Btw sorry for my english, it's not my first language.