3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 28, 2013 2:45 PM by Freddie Hutchins

How to Stop Lagging? at 1/4 resolution paused and playback but still lags?

Freddie Hutchins

I've never had this problem before but iv been sent some movs as part of a editing job and i make new sequence clip from file in premiere pro cs5.5 and the sequence settings are AVCHD square pixel 25p 1280x720,Square Pixels, No Fields 48000Hz.

I have a MacBook 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Memory 2GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM Startup Disk Macintosh HD. The movs play fine in quicktime but play choppy in pro as I say never had these problems with AVCHD before and have tried converting to H.264 and Prores then reimporting but still lags, My media scratch disks are in a folder in my documents as they always have been, if i partion a drive and make set my scratch disks to that partitioned drive, I haven't partitioned a drive before and will back up my work first to be safe but would that make a difference as I want to avoid doing that if possible as have all my work on my laptop so dont want to rush in to something and accidentily delete my work.Please help

I'm not looking for someone just to say buy a new computer or hard drive- that is not helpful as I have had no problems with AVCHD in the past on the same computer with the same software so i'm looking for reasons to improve playback other than chaging resolution