5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 16, 2013 6:24 AM by PierreLouisBeranek

Are others experiencing these problems with Full Screen View?

PierreLouisBeranek Level 1

When using a dual monitor system, using Full Screen View on one monitor leads to these problems:

1. When switching from one sequence to another in the Timeline, the Full Screen Program Monitor refuses to update with the content of the new sequence.
      2. If a window such as a dialogue box or the Titler was last used/invoked on my monitor that has the Full Screen View, said window remains hidden behind the Full Screen view instead of coming to the front.

Are others experiencing these same issues?  Before filing FRs for these annoyances to be fixed, I just wanted to confirm whether or not these are issues on my system, or on everyone's system.  Do others think these are FRs or bugs that should be reported as such?

Thanks for your input!

• 1. Re: Are others experiencing these problems with Full Screen View?
          shooternz Level 6

Might depend how you made the 2nd screen ..a full screen monitor".

Mine is permanently setup with GUI on one and full screen Monitor on second.

I dont experience your #1 Issue.

I never take  or open any other panes or windows in my full screen Monitor so dont know about your issue #2.

The fact that dialogue boxes open in your  second monitor might mean you are set up differently to me.  eg did you drag  the full screen onto your second monitor space?

• 2. Re: Are others experiencing these problems with Full Screen View?

I go back and forth between dual screen mode, when I'm just focussing on PP, and single screen mode, when I need to go back and forth between PP and AE, for example, in which case each program occupies a single screen.  To go into Full Screen Mode, I simply use the keyboard shortcut.  As far as I know, it isn't possible to 'drag the full screen onto' a second monitor.  You have to drag the windowed Program Monitor to your second screen, and then go into Full Screen once the window is on the screen you want to use for full screen preview.

Based on your answer, you can switch between Timeline sequences, and each sequence updates in your Full Screen Program Monitor as it should?  Interesting.  It must be an issue with my system that's causing this problem of my Full Screen not updating when changing sequences.

Anyone else experiencing this issue so that we can help each other figure out what the problem is?

Thanks!

• 3. Re: Are others experiencing these problems with Full Screen View?
              shooternz Level 6

In my case

I have Preference>Playback> Adobe Video 2: 1920 x 1080 checked and full screen playback is automatically on one of the screens (#2)

I use a Standard Edit Workspace and have never done anything else to make it work this way.

Premiere GUI on Monitor on 1, Full screen Monitor Playback on 2

If I choose to drag a Window to the second monitor it will go there and the full screen display will dissapear. 

If I refocus to thePremiere application...that dragged window will go behind the full screen display.

That will bcause of  " Disable Video Output when in the BG" Option.

• 4. Re: Are others experiencing these problems with Full Screen View?
                Steven L. Gotz Level 5

I think that the reason you are not getting much in the way of responses is that most of us probably just keep a second, or third, monitor as a full screen playback all the time while using Premiere Pro, except when in the background. That way Ae still works on the second monitor. We don't use the tilde key to maximize the Program Monitor - which is what I think you are saying that you do. We set our preferences the way that shooternz describes above.

Since we don't do what you are doing, we can't account for your particular issues.

You might give it a try. The only time the second monitor is for video is when Premiere Pro is in the foreground. That allows me to use two monitors for Ae, or one for Ae and one for Photoshop or Audition. Also, it is true full screen instead of "almost" full screen with controls getting in the way.

I guess I have gotten used to doing it this way and never gave much thought to using the tilde key anymore. At least, not when looking at the Program Monitor.

1 person found this helpful
                • 5. Re: Are others experiencing these problems with Full Screen View?

Here's my official BR for this problem.  If others are seeing this problem, please chime in!

Adobe reps, any ideas what could be causing this?  Thanks!

******BUG******

Concise problem statement: When viewing Program Monitor in Full Screen, content does not update when switching to another Timeline sequence, or switching back to the original sequence.  The only way to get the Program Monitor to unfreeze is to press the tilde toggle 2-3 times.

Steps to reproduce bug:

1. Tilde toggle Program Monitor to full screen on 1 monitor.

2. Play Timeline sequence on second monitor to confirm normal playback.

3. Switch to another Timeline sequence

Results: Program Monitor remains frozen on last viewed frame of original sequence.

Expected results: Program Monitor should update with content of new sequence, instead of freezing.