7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 30, 2013 6:33 PM by mjlsal

Deactivation of Premiere Elements 9

mjlsal

How do I deactivate Premiere Elements 9. The deactivation command (in Help) is not highlighted, as a result I cannot deactivate the progams that I had installed on two older computers. The progams would not work on the older computers and I have since brought a new one and of course exceeded my activation limit..

• 2. Re: Deactivation of Premiere Elements 9
          A.T. Romano Level 7

mjlsal

Just curious.

With Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 where you find a grayed out Deactivate under Help Menu in the Edit workspace, can you still use that program?

I agree with John T. Smith that the Adobe Chat should be able to resolve your issue effectively and quickly.

http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?product=premiere-elements&topic=serial-number-issues-o r-activating-my-product

Please let us know the outcome.

Thanks.

ATR

• 3. Re: Deactivation of Premiere Elements 9
            mjlsal Level 1

Thanks, the progam never did work because it kept crashing, but that was the computer, not the deactivation process. I contacted customer service and they have changed my limited which resolved the issue on the new PC. However even after reinstalling the progam on the old PC, I stll can't deactivated it. I'll try getting back to them, but my immediate problem is resolved.

• 4. Re: Deactivation of Premiere Elements 9
              A.T. Romano Level 7

mjlsal

Thanks for the follow up. Glad that Adobe Chat took care of your activation issues.

Please update us, if you get the time, on your progress with the program running on your new computer.

ATR

• 5. Re: Deactivation of Premiere Elements 9
                mjlsal Level 1

Finally I have been able to deactivate Premiere Elements off my older PC's. It seems you had to load a project inorder to get the deactivation command to highlight - not sure though !. Anyway it's done, seems convoluted.

I would be happy to let you know about my progress, as I want to compare it to the product I am using at the present time. When I used PRE v3, I didn't find it that user friendly. I don't expect to be using it for awhile as I am in the process of a project using Pinacle but if this forum posting is still around in 2 or 3 months I will check in. Thanks again.

MJL

• 6. Re: Deactivation of Premiere Elements 9
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

mjlsal

Thanks for the update.

You are quite right about when the Deactivate is available in Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1. In your Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1, Deactivation is done from the Help Menu of an opened project. That is where I assumed you were.

But, the details vary depending on how you are opening the program. If from the Welcome Screen, I do not see where you get the opportunity to see or get anything under Help Menu, grayed or otherwise. In this scenario, you are hit with the new project dialog. Once you OK out of the new project dialog, you are in the opened project where the Help Menu has all its options including a non grayed out Deactivate.

If you are setup to bypass the Welcome Screen, then you could get into the situation that you seem to have described. Here you first encounter a gray window with Menu names at its top, including Help Menu. Under Help at that point is Deactivate grayed out. Then you go to File Menu/New/Project to get to your opened project. Now in the opened project is the workspace's Help Menu/ with its non grayed out Deactivate.

Looking forward to your future video editing progress.

Success with all your projects.

ATR

• 7. Re: Deactivation of Premiere Elements 9
                    mjlsal Level 1

Yes you are correct. I was not opening a project,  ie hit cancel, because my old PC would more often than not crash if I opened a project. Iguess it stayed stable long enough for me to deactivate the progam. I'll try and get back to later.

MJL