5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 3, 2013 6:37 AM by A.T. Romano

Where is my Project Assets window?

keglined

About a week ago this thing disappeared.    Go to 'Add media' from Files and Folders, and formerly I'd see what I'd chosen in the Project Assets window that would then pop up.  That window no longer exists.  Choosing "Project Assets" highlights the tab (the one called... you guessed it, "Project Assets") but no window appears.

Have tried with photos and movies.  To no avail.  Am not doing anything different.

Version is 11.0

• 1. Re: Where is my Project Assets window?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

keglined

Please excuse the following question, but I do not want to take anything for granted. Are you in the Expert workspace of Premiere Elements 11? And, you are saying that the whole physical Project Assets window disappears. It is not that you are not seeing your photos and videos in the Project Assets space.

What computer operating system is the program running on?

Assuming that you are Expert workspace, then let us give this a try

Deletion of the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file...if you have Windows 7 or 8 64 bit, the path to it is

Local Disc C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 11.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. Make sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the whole path.

Miscellaenous...

a. When you write

Choosing "Project Assets" highlights the tab (the one called... you guessed it, "Project Assets") but no window appears.

where are you doing that, Expert Workspace, Window Menu/Project Assets?

Let us start here and then we can decide what next.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Where is my Project Assets window?
            keglined Level 1

Expert.

Windows 7 64 bit

What the config/prefs file deletion did:

Reverted to "Quick" mode when I restarted program.

Nothing else.  Project Assets still don't show.

A discovery since posing the original question: in some of my old .prel files the Project Assets toggle works normally, and shows me the media I've chosen to work with.   If/when I figure out the difference between those old files in which the PA toggle still works, those old files in which it no longer works, I'll post that here.

Unsure if these are clear or not - but the first image is of the program without my having chosen "Project Assets."  Here, I've added a *.wav file and a *.jpg.  Yet when I choose "Project Assets," the only change is the 'Project Assets' tab is highlighted (though not in any bright color, maybe 'highlighted' isn't the correct word).  But it does indicate the program understands I'm toggling the Project Assets off and on (which is why I mentioned this in the first place).

Slide1.JPG

Slide2.JPG

• 3. Re: Where is my Project Assets window?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

keglined

This is indeed a challenge.

I am proceeding with the belief that the Project Assets situation exists for all new projects, not just the one new project that you are currently in. Is that correct?

Please make sure that the only program that you have open is Premiere Elements 11.

First nudge to trigger Project Assets to open in Expert workspace....

Go to the Quick workspace. Add Media/Files and Folders. Do you get your selected file in a scene space in the Filmstrip of Quick workspace? If you do, switch to the Expert workspace and select Project Assets. Does it open displaying the file that you imported into the program in the Quick view?

Second nudge, if necessary, to trigger Project Assets to open in Expert workspace...

With your file say in Videos on hard drive, cascade the window with Videos and Premiere Elements 11 Expert workpace window...drag the file from the Video's Folder into the Expert workspace Timeline. Then determine if Project Assets will open to display a thumbnail of the file that you just dragged in for import purposes.

Please review, try, and let us know the results.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...By the way, what are the properties of the files involved?

• 4. Re: Where is my Project Assets window?
                keglined Level 1

I solved the problem with a small purchase, for a competing brand.  Sorry, don't have time to fix your glitchy program.

• 5. Re: Where is my Project Assets window?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

keglined

Thanks for the follow up with the good news that you have identified a video editor that works for you.

But, since you wrote

Sorry, don't have time to fix your glitchy program.

with emphasis on the "your".....

This is not Adobe. Here you have Premiere Elements users trying to help other Premiere Elements users with their Premiere Elements workflows. I am not affiliated with Adobe in any way, do not have relatives there, and do not have any promotional or non promotional ties with it.

If you ever decide to revisit this particular issue, we will look forward to helping with trying to resolve the issue.

Wishing you success with your projects,

ATR