3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 29, 2013 2:57 PM by A.T. Romano

Premiere Elements 9 window disappears after loading project

Unitedmoviemaker

Hello all,

I've been having issues with Premiere Elements (9) lately. I have read other threads similar to my problem and followed some of the instructions (deleting the Pref file, for example).

Whenever I open a specific project (that has worked before until recently), the loading progess bar goes from 0-100 and then it stays there. After that, the entire program disappears. It doesn't crash (as it's still in the task bar), but when I click on PrE9, nothing comes up. When I mouse-over the icon on the task bar, it's just the window buttons (minimize, expand, exit).

The reason I started this thread is because none of the problems I found were really similar to mine.

Any help would be much appreciated.

(Also, please pardon me if this thread is in the wrong place.)

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 9 window disappears after loading project
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Unitedmoviemaker

Have you looked at any possible involvement of the antivirus program in the way of recent updates for it? Recent Windows Updates? Can we assumed that you have not added, subtracted any programs that would coincide with the onset of the issue?

Have you checked to make sure that your video card is up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the video card?

Recently, with Premiere Elements 10 and NVIDIA video card, answers have come from rolling back the driver.

I guess you tried the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file deletion. But, did you try deleting the whole 9.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists?

Do you have the Premiere Elements 9 installation disc for installations files in case a deactivation, uninstall, run through of ccleaner, reinstall is indicated?

But, let me backup for a moment. Is this issue confined to one previously created project or to all your Premiere Elements projects either new or old?

Let us start here and then move forward according to your answers.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...Usual...confirm that you have the latest version of QuickTime installed, you are running the program as the 9.0.1 Update, and you are running the program Run As Administrator or from a User Account with Administrative Privileges.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Premiere Elements 9 window disappears after loading project
            Unitedmoviemaker Level 1

Well, it actually appears to be working now !

I just ran PrE9 as Admin and it loaded up perfectly this time. (Well, at least my fix didn't (doesn't) seem to need a complicated fix.)

Thank you!

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 9 window disappears after loading project
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Unitedmoviemaker

Great news.

Thanks for reporting the outcome. We are very pleased with the outcome. Good work.

Thanks for the opportunity to help.

ATR