1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 29, 2013 9:22 PM by ankitvaidya92

Tagged PDF, Visual Studio and Dynamic PDF

sp8900

I am a noob with the Indesign but I have hands on experience with the Photoshop and Illustrator.

I am trying to create a tagged pdf form which will be used as a receipt after the web application is complete and the information are entered into that tagged pdf using Dynamic PDF.

I created the form with information like

Name     Textbox

Address Textbox and so forth.

Dynamic pdf just prints the data and it doesn't matter if its textbox or not.

So, any suggestions on how to tag the pdf properly so that it read all the information in the form along with the information printed by the dynamic pdf?

I am using cloud indesign cc.

• 1. Re: Tagged PDF, Visual Studio and Dynamic PDF
          ankitvaidya92 Employee Moderator

Hi,

Please follow the following steps to tag pdf manually-

1. Choose Window > Utilities > Tags to display the Tags panel.

2. Choose View > Structure > Show Structure to display the Structure pane, to the left of the Document window.

3. Choose Add Untagged Items from the Structure pane menu.

4. Select a page item in the document.

5. Select a tag in the Tags panel.

Note the following suggested uses for certain imported tags:

Artifact : The Artifact tag lets you hide page items, such as page numbers or unimportant objects, when viewing the exported

PDF file in Reflow view, which displays only tagged items; see your Adobe Acrobat documentation. This is especially useful for

viewing PDF files on a handheld device or in other PDF readers.

Cell : Use this tag for table cells.

Figure : Use this tag for placed graphics. The Figure tag is applied to all untagged graphics placed in your document when you

choose Add Untagged Items.

Paragraph tags (P, H, H1–H6) : These tags have no effect on the exported PDF text when viewed in Reflow view. However,

they can be useful in some situations when exporting a PDF file to HTML format.

Story : Use this tag for stories. The Story tag is applied to all untagged text frames when you choose Add Untagged Items. For

example, suppose you have an InDesign document formatted with three paragraph styles: Head1, Head2, and Body. First,

map these paragraph styles to the H1, H2, and P tags, respectively. Next, export to PDF. Finally, when you export the PDF

document to HTML or XML in Acrobat, the paragraphs tagged as H1, H2, and P will display appropriately (such as with large

bold letters in H1) in a web browser.

i hope this will help you, in case not then let me know.