2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 30, 2013 5:56 AM by cambeverlee

garbage matte creates transparency probelm when file is exported to media?

cambeverlee

Just completed 30 minute video... interviews in srudio needed greenscreen; persons interviewed look OK In program montior, and opacity line in all videos is at 100. ANd alpha channel opacity is 100...

but whenn viewing after exporting, there is definitely some transparency (show through) from the person interviewed (uppermost video line) and background. What are we doing wront... or not doing here? Many thanks.

• 1. Re: garbage matte creates transparency probelm when file is exported to media?
          Kevin-Monahan Adobe Employee

cambeverlee wrote:

Just completed 30 minute video... interviews in srudio needed greenscreen; persons interviewed look OK In program montior, and opacity line in all videos is at 100. ANd alpha channel opacity is 100...

but whenn viewing after exporting, there is definitely some transparency (show through) from the person interviewed (uppermost video line) and background. What are we doing wront... or not doing here? Many thanks.

Hi cambeverlee,

Can you give us the info asked for in this FAQ? http://forums.adobe.com/thread/961741?tstart=0

Please also post a screenshot.

Thanks,

Kevin

• 2. Re: garbage matte creates transparency probelm when file is exported to media?
            cambeverlee Level 1

I have attached two screen shots (.png) from the suspect MPG file playing in Quick Time. If you look towards bottom of screen on each you should be able to detect the see-through I have been referencing.  (Sidewalk curbing on right side of man; similar left side of lady.)

Not sure if Garbage Matte or perhaps the Matte Generation/Opacity created the problem. We are running Adobe Premiere Pro CC 7.0 on MAC OX Lion 10.7.5.  Source footage was NSTC-DV studio shoot of seven people speaking (one at a time, solo, before teleprompt)  and open and close with a host, all using green screen. So I have the original footage on Video Line 2, above stretched Jpg on Video 1 line (used as background to silhouette of speaker). Problem is not with all seven clips, but on several, you can see through parts of speaker to background... this transparency seems to occur at the same place in the clips where it does appear and was not noticed in Premier project monitor, but was definitely noticed when we played the exported MPEG2 file full screen on a laptop PC.

I have checked the opacity line running through the clips (video track)... all are at 100%.

Note: FYI, we used 8-point Garbage Matte to isolate the speaker because on several clips, a blemish from the lens creating a grey haze was noticeable.

As for my remarks about Ultra Key, I checked, and Matte Generation Opacity reads 45% for all.

Other:

— First time using ultra key and garbage matte in this version of Premiere.

— Only effects throughout video are Ultra Key and 8-point Garbage Matte.

— No third party effects or hardware used in this application.

File was exported under MPEG2, NSTC-DV... and I did notice later that max. quality and frame blend were checked. Would not think frame blends on export would have caused the problem (?)

Thank you for your time and attention on this. It is appreciated... looking forward to your input.

Note: I am re-exporting the file, did not have max render quality or frame blend checked... will check it out in AM. We are Eastern Std Time.Screen Shot 2013-10-29 at 10.36.27 PM.png