3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 29, 2013 6:27 PM by A.T. Romano

audio track will not record - picture is fine PE9

David @ 2251

PE9 audio track will not record. Tried in several projects - audio gets through to computer - but the audio is not being recorded. Help please.

• 1. Re: audio track will not record - picture is fine PE9
          A.T. Romano Level 7

David

Do you mean that your narration feature of Premiere Elements 9 is not recording to give you a .wav file on the Narration Track of the Timeline workspace?

If I have interpreted your question correctly, what else do you have on the tracks when you are recording your Narration?

Please explain what you mean by "audio gets through to computer - but the audio is not being recorded"?

What microphone are you using for the Narration and how is it connected to the computer?

Please clarify whether you really mean play back instead of record. That would put a different slant on the question.

Looking forward to your follow up so that we can sort out the issues.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: audio track will not record - picture is fine PE9
            David @ 2251 Level 1

Hi ATR

Was transferring a client's DVD-R into my Adobe PE9 to do some editing requested by client.

The audio from the DVD was coming through clearly on my computer speakers but when I finished tranferring I stopped recording and discovered the video track was fine but there was no audio track.

Tried recording said DVD into some of my other files on PE9 but same thing.

Since posting my cry for help I uninstalled PE9 and reinstalled it.

This appears to have fixed the problem as I am now transferring client's DVD-R once again.

A quick check after a few minutes revealed the audio track is now being recorded with no problems!

Thanks for your interest.

Kind regards

David

• 3. Re: audio track will not record - picture is fine PE9
              A.T. Romano Level 7

David

Thanks for the update with the good news that you have solved your own problem. Good job.

I am still not clear on the distinction that you are making between "recording" and "play back" but,

you seem to feel that you are on course for a successful workflow.

But, if you do need additional help on this matter, more definition of details will be needed for us to help you.

Continued success with your work.

ATR