3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 2, 2013 1:48 PM by A.T. Romano

how do i get a video track back in sync?

sadworld4804

i am syncing 2 videos to an audio track. windows 7 elements 10...everything was going great but after rendering to my pc as mpeg i was watching the video and noticed it got out of sync at a certain point. went back to the project and sure enough, starting at a split point things got out of sync. what is the best way to remedy this?  i don't want to move the whole track cuz the first part is perfect. i must have bumped it or something doing some special effects before i saved it?  there are a few sections within the same track that are out of sync, all starting with the split point i mentioned earlier.  (i say sections cuz the video track is CLEARED in a few spots to reveal the other camera angle)

• 1. Re: how do i get a video track back in sync?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

sadworld4804

Please review your situation and see if any of the following techniques will help....

If the video is not linked to the audio...

select the clip and then nudge it into sync with the other

for the nudging, as you hold down the Alt Key of the computer main keyboard, tap the right or left arrow key Once. For each tap of an arrow key, you will get a one frame nudge.....if you hold down the Shift+Alt Keys of the computer main keyboard, tap the right or left arrow key Once.Then for each tap of an arrow key, you will get a five frame nudge.

If you have to unlink video from audio, right click the file, and select Unlink Audio and Video.

Please let us know if any of the above worked for you to resolve your issue.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: how do i get a video track back in sync?
            sadworld4804 Level 1

thanks, i was able to nudge it back to sync... this is just a test and there were only a few clips to nudge but when i do my real project which is what i'm practicing for i will have many many clips to nudge if this happens again. how can i assure the clips stay in sync, is there a way to lock them so i don't screw something up? is that what grouping is for? maybe when i confirm things are in sync i should group all clips or something?

• 3. Re: how do i get a video track back in sync?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

sadworld4804

Great approach doing the mini test runs before the grand project.

You can select the clips that you want to stay together, right click anywhere in the highlight, and select Group. Please give it a try. (Reverse works to Ungroup.)

As for selecting the clips, a nice way is to take the mouse cursor and draw a rectangle around the clips to select them.

The usual way is to hold down the Shift key of the computer main keyboard as you click on each of the clips that you want in the Group.

Please let us know if any of that worked for you.

Thanks.

ATR