10 Replies Latest reply on Oct 30, 2013 9:04 PM by A.T. Romano

GoPro Export

CCR

I have a set of videos I strung together in Elements 11.  Someone helped me to set up the right settings for the project, but when I go to save it, it becomes blocky. I want to save it as 1920x1440 I think to fix it, but that does not seem to be a choice.  I tried to start a new project with that as a setting but could not find that either  Is there any way I can still save the video I made of the many clips?

• 1. Re: GoPro Export
          A.T. Romano Level 7

CCR

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 11 running on?

You say that you have GoPro video. From what specific GoPro camera and what settings?

Settings typically are:

1920 x 1080 16:9

or

1440 x 1080 HD anamorphic 16:9 where a 16:9 flag stretches the 1440 x 1080 to 1920 x 1080 for display after encoding.

So I am not sure where you are coming up with 1920 x 1440.

Please supply the details and I will suggest appropriate export settings for your export choice. Just what is that export choice type?

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: GoPro Export
            CCR Level 1

I have the top model go pro. I think it might be "gold".  When I look at the properties in Elements on a selected video, it tells me:

Type: MPEG Movie

File Size: 214.6 MB

Image Size: 1920 x 1440

Frame Rate: 47.95

Average Data Rate: 3.6 MB / second

I removed the audio and put in music, so the audio is probably not interesting data.

I 'rendered' it which somehow is a magic button that I was told to use, and now I wish to save it out.  I did get a nice result last night but the resulting flie was a AVCHD Video (.m2t) but that format does not work for th eperson I am handing it off to.  I am trying to figure out how to save it in a similar way, but in a regular movie file that can be used on computers but is not flash. Maybe .mpeg or .mov?  I am uncertain but I htink .mpeg is something anyone can play?  How would you do this?  I really appreicate your help with this.

• 3. Re: GoPro Export
              John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The Tutorial Links Page http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1275830 has links about different sharing options... including for a computer

• 4. Re: GoPro Export
                A.T. Romano Level 7

CCR

For this post, I am assuming that you are in an NTSC setup...and I am going by the source video properties that you posted...

At this point I am not sure which GoPro camera you have, but, if you are sure of the video specifications that you cite, then consider....

1. You have a video whose properties are atypical for Premiere Elements (any version).

2. Open a new project. Go to File Menu/New/Project, and, in the new project dialog, set the project preset for

NTSC

DSLR

1080p

DSLR 1080p30

Make sure that you have a check mark next to "Force Seletect Project Settings on this Project" before you leave the new project dialog.

3. In the Premiere Elements Expert workspace, go to Edit Menu/Preferences/General and remove the check mark next to "Default Scale to Frame Size".

4. Import you 1920 x 1440 (4:3) @ 47.95 progressive frames per second into the project via Add Media/Files and Folders/Project Assets from where you drag you file to the Timeline.

When you get to export, if you are going for an export as close to the import as possible, then...

Publish+Share

Computer

AVCHD

and set Presets = MP4 - H.264 1920 x 1080p30

Next go under the Advanced Button/Video Tab of that preset and change the export settings so that they read:

NTSC

Profile = High

Level = 5.1

and then,

Frame Width = 1920

Frame Height = 1440

Frame Rate = 50 (close as I could get to 47.95)

Field Order = Progressive (will be grayed out)

Pixel Aspect Ratio = Square Pixels (1.0)

To the right of the Frame Width and Frame Height fields is a link looking icon. Click on that to disable it when you are setting the Frame Width and Height.

Leave everything else, including the Bitrate, as is until we see what this looks like.

Please confirm the name of the GoPro involved. We will be watching for your results. We may or may not have to fine tune with Bitrate changes.

Thanks.

ATR

• 5. Re: GoPro Export
                  CCR Level 1

This is looking much much crisper!  Thank you.  The only thing that is not right is that it jumps from second to second like there are missing frames rather than smooth transitions in the horses cantering.  It is crisp, but now:  moving jump moving jump moving jump.  Perhaps that is the frame rate?

• 6. Re: GoPro Export
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

CCR

Are you looking at the playback of the Timeline in the Edit Mode monitor or are you looking at a playback of the export suggested in a computer player or some other player?

If you have not already, take a look at the playback of the export.

Then will be decide what can be done.

Thanks.

ATR

• 7. Re: GoPro Export
                      CCR Level 1

I am looking at he playback of the file I have exported.  The images were so crips compared ot the jagged edges of the mountains in the background as the amera moved.  A very big improvement.  With the newly exported video, I am now seeing the movine jump a little, kind of like  aheart beat, so something is not lining up right that did line up before. I think we are really close.

• 8. Re: GoPro Export
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

CCR

Experimental....

1. Right click the thumbnail of your file in Project Assets, select Interpret Footage, dot "Select this frame rate", and then enter 47.95 or 50 in that field. Then continue to export as described previously and see if that makes a difference.

2. You could separately look at altering the frame rate in the export settings...maybe 30 or 60 and see what happens with those movie jumps.

ATR

• 9. Re: GoPro Export
                          CCR Level 1

I tried that but to no avail.  I set it back and tried some of the things yo utaught me but with teh smaller mpeg format.  That did not work either.  Sadly the .m2t files look the best, but the person I am sending that to cannot see that kind of file.  I did htis thing where I made a copy of the m2t file and then renamed it with a .mpg file extension instead.  File manager warned me and I did it anyway.  It seems to play.  As it is late tonight, I think I will go with that for the moment.

Your help has been wonderful and I really appreciate all of your direction and suggestions. I am a stronger user of the product now and thank you for helping me get there.

I will probbaly try again this weekend to master this, and for now I am happy with the progress we made.

Thanks!

• 10. Re: GoPro Export
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

CCR

Thanks for the update.

Do not give up.

Looking forward to further developments.

Glad for the opportunity to help.

ATR