6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 30, 2013 5:29 PM by A.T. Romano

Adding pdfs and jpegs to a dvd (Elements 10)?

cwphilpott

How do I add pdfs and jpegs to a dvd, not as part of the video but so they can be downloaded from the disk to a computer to read and view?  I'm using PE10.  Thanks.

• 1. Re: Adding pdfs and jpegs to a dvd (Elements 10)?
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Encore (bundled with Premiere Pro) has a "rom content" function to add a folder to the disc write, but I don't find such a function in the PreElements user guide

• 2. Re: Adding pdfs and jpegs to a dvd (Elements 10)?
            A.T. Romano Level 7

cwphilpott

Premiere Elements as many facets to its personality.

There should be no problem adding a pdf file or jpg file to a DVD disc along with DVD-VIDEO format on it, using your Premiere Elements 10 as part of the equation. You need not seek out higher end products.

Here is how you do it.

1. Burn your Premiere Elements 10 Windows Timeline via Share/Computer/Disc DVD, burn to: Folder (4.7 GB) in order to obtain the saved folder containing the VIDEO_TS Folder.

2. Download and install the free ImgBurn program

http://www.Imgburn.com/

Make sure of what you are downloading in order to avoid unexpected installs on your computer.

3. Then use File Menu/Browse for a source folder to bring in your VIDEO_TS Folder and File Menu/Browse for a source file to bring in your pdfs and jpgs. Hit the Build button and follow the messages.

This worked for me on computer and TV. The TV and computer opened and played the DVD-VIDEO part. You will need the computer/Adobe Reader for viewing the pdf. And, details pending on how to get the TV for viewing the photos. Read your player instructions for that. Not only yours, but your the player instructions for your intended viewer.

Do you have Nero software? If so, this probably can be done with it also. Just remember to compile for one burn.

Please let us know if that works for you.

We will be watching for your results.

Thanks.

ATR

• 3. Re: Adding pdfs and jpegs to a dvd (Elements 10)?
              John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Over in another forum I wrote what to look for when you install Imgburn... and posted the direct link to download the program without having to wade through web page advertising

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1322583

• 4. Re: Adding pdfs and jpegs to a dvd (Elements 10)?
                cwphilpott Level 1

Thanks -- I'm about a week away from trying this, but will report back when I do.

• 5. Re: Adding pdfs and jpegs to a dvd (Elements 10)?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

John T. Smith

I have also discussed the current ImgBurn download situation with Hunt.

I was not as fortunate as you with only the few intrusions that you mentioned. Recently I went with the custom install for an update to what I had been using and ended up with 8 to 10 programs installed to my computer in the blink of an eye (programs unrelated to burn to). The ImgBurn update never got downloaded and installed since I aborted the download when I saw what was going on.

ATR

• 6. Re: Adding pdfs and jpegs to a dvd (Elements 10)?
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

cwphilpott

Looking forward to your results when you get the chance.

As I mentioned, what I described worked for me for computer and TV DVD player playback.

I am not sure of the player to player playback support for a mixed disc such as this.

Thanks.

ATR