3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 30, 2013 12:14 PM by Szalam

Trouble importing AE composition into Premiere Pro (CS6)

deedo81

I created an AE composition. I am now in Premiere Pro and I want to import that AE composition. I use the dynamic link import option but I can not find the AE composition or project file. In fact, when just browsing my Mac in general I can't find any of my AE projects.. I can only see my AE projects when I am saving or opening a project WHILE USING AE.. How do I locate my AE projects so that I can bring them into Premiere Pro?? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

• 1. Re: Trouble importing AE composition into Premiere Pro (CS6)
          Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Which Mac OS? What version (exactly) of CS6 are you running? Both Premiere and AE's version numbers, please.

Has this worked for you in the past?

Have you tried simply dragging an AE project from Finder into your Premiere project's Project panel?

• 2. Re: Trouble importing AE composition into Premiere Pro (CS6)
            deedo81 Level 1

I'm not at home so I can't provide the exact version right now but I can answer your last question. Yes, I have wanted to try dragging in the AE Project from Finder but I can't find it. I have many AE Projects saved that I have used in past videos.. but I can't find them with Finder. I can't browse to get to them, but I know they are there. Do you know what folder (path) AE saves projects to? It is VERY frustrating.

• 3. Re: Trouble importing AE composition into Premiere Pro (CS6)
              Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

deedo81 wrote:

I have many AE Projects saved that I have used in past videos.. but I can't find them with Finder.

I'm sorry, I misunderstood your issue. I was thinking you were searching by using Premiere's import dialogue not by using Finder itself.

deedo81 wrote:

Do you know what folder (path) AE saves projects to?

Yes. It saves them wherever you tell it to. You can navigate to anywhere you would like and save your project file. Heck, you could save it in your iTunes folder if you wanted to.

Why not try creating a new file with a very basic composition (maybe a square wiggling around), save it (making sure of the exact location to which you are saving it), then go in Finder and drag that file into Premiere.