2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 30, 2013 2:28 PM by Rick Gerard

How is this text animation created

Refined_Silver

Hello Everyone,

I am at a loss as to how to create this slightly jittering/flickering text and images as featured in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GorqroigqM

I'm assuming its either After Effects or Flash Professional but I have also seen this effect in Lower Thirds and Intro to Television Shows  such as "Chasing New Jersey" Any assistance would be helpful. Thanks.

Refined_Silver

• 1. Re: How is this text animation created
          Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Refined_Silver wrote:

I'm assuming its either After Effects or Flash Professional but I have also seen this effect in Lower Thirds and Intro to Television Shows  such as "Chasing New Jersey"

After Effects is often used to create lower thirds and TV show intros.

I can't see your example due to restrictions on the network where I work, but you might look into AE's quite powerful text animators.

• 2. Re: How is this text animation created
            Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

That could be done with a displacement map. You create a solid layer and animate fractal noise, pre-compose the layer moving all attributes to the new comp, then apply an adjustment layer above your text layer and apply Displacement Mapping. Use the animated fractal noise as your displacement and away you go.