3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 20, 2007 1:15 PM by Newsgroup_User

Relative Positioning of Slices

romeogq Level 1
      Why doesn't FW allow you to export your slices using relative positioning!? I might as well ignore the export css feature all together.

I need to insert FW html into an already existing html document, but the absolute positing of the elements is causing me to have to hand code every individual slice. A major hassle.

Is there something I'm missing? Does anyone have a quick way of modifying FW css to relative positioning?
        • 1. Re: Relative Positioning of Slices
          Level 7
          romeogq wrote:
          > Why doesn't FW allow you to export your slices using relative positioning!? I
          > might as well ignore the export css feature all together.
          >
          > I need to insert FW html into an already existing html document, but the
          > absolute positing of the elements is causing me to have to hand code every
          > individual slice. A major hassle.
          >
          > Is there something I'm missing? Does anyone have a quick way of modifying FW
          > css to relative positioning?
          >

Not using Fireworks exported HTML is the best thing you should do. Use
          it to create the images that will fit in your HTML, use Dreamweaver to
          create the HTML to accept your images.

Steve
          • 2. Re: Relative Positioning of Slices
            romeogq Level 1
            Noooo, please don't be serious. That's basically what I've been doing... and it's way too time consuming, especially when I could simply export using tables. Just trying to figure out the simplest way to export to css with relative positioning. My graphic has about 40 slices, hence I really do not want to hand code.
            • 3. Re: Relative Positioning of Slices
              Level 7
              romeogq wrote:
              > Noooo, please don't be serious. That's basically what I've been doing... and
              > it's way too time consuming, especially when I could simply export using
              > tables. Just trying to figure out the simplest way to export to css with
              > relative positioning. My graphic has about 40 slices, hence I really do not
              > want to hand code.
              >

Have you checked out the SMART CSS extension available on Adobe's web
              site? It may help.

--
              Jim Babbage - .:Community MX:. & .:Adobe Community Expert:.
              Extending Knowledge, Daily
              http://www.communityMX.com/
              CommunityMX - Free Resources:
              http://www.communitymx.com/free.cfm
              ---
              .:Adobe Community Expert for Fireworks:.
              news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.fireworks
              news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.dreamweaver