4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 31, 2013 6:50 PM by Jim_Simon

CS6 Production Premius Upgrade

Bases Loaded Level 1

1. Anyone know the file size of CS6 Production Premium Upgrade download?

2. Can this file then be copied and installed on another computer where my video works reside ?

This will not be the creative cloud version.

• 1. Re: CS6 Production Premius Upgrade
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

1-no idea

2-yes

• 2. Re: CS6 Production Premius Upgrade
            Vinay Dwivedi Adobe Employee

Hi KeepEmStraight,

The update of production Premium is around 5.8 GB. Yes, you can copy the installation files and then move them to different computer and install the products.

Regards,

Vinay

• 3. Re: CS6 Production Premius Upgrade
              Bases Loaded Level 1

Thanks Vinay: 

May I ask you opinion on which do you thing would be the least trouble free way to go.

Win-7 pro 64 bit.

Install the CS6 Upgrade from CS5 and have both versions running on the system / or deactivate and uninstall CS5 first..

My CS5 system is rather rock solid and have projects in the works.

I am from the old school and afraid of doing an uninstall and having registry issues left over causing problems that is one reason I might like to keep both on the same system "if doing so will cause no issues.

350gb left free  on my Raptor 10,000 RPM System Drive.

Another topic perhaps..

If I have both versions installed will my after market pluggins show on in both CS5 & 6 automatically. Things like Video Co-Pilot files, Neat Video applications etc?

Thanks for your time and assistance..

I won't be downloading the upgrade for a couple days, not a lucky person so won't do it on Halloween.  :-)

• 4. Re: CS6 Production Premius Upgrade
                Jim_Simon Level 8

It's not a bad idea to keep the old version around.  But plug-ins will likely have to be reinstalled for them to show up in the new version.  They typically have different installation folders.