1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 8, 2013 3:56 PM by Josh_Corey

How can I import a new version of a distributed form?

SPLC

I recently imported and distributed a PDF form created in Acrobat 9.0.

I would like to add some ToolTips to this form, but the downloaded version.

Is there a way for me to import a new version and still accept responses from those who received the original version without the ToolTips?

• 1. Re: How can I import a new version of a distributed form?
          Josh_Corey Adobe Employee

Hi;

You are wanting to edit an existing distributed PDF (from the Import PDF feature) and collect responses in the same form in the FormsCentral "View Responses" tab after importing the edited PDF... No, if you re-import your PDF (the one you downloaded from FormsCentral with the Submit button) it would be a new form in FormsCentral and would require downloading a new Submit enabled PDF.  Responses from those two downloaded distributed PDFs would go into two different forms in FormsCentral. 

However - you can try making the changes to your downloaded submit enabled PDF, adding tool tips should not break the form and you should be able to send out your newly edited PDF to users and both the new and old versions would submit to the same form in FormsCentral.  You do have to be careful with the types of edits you make in that PDF, and you would not want to re-import that modified PDF, simply distribute that PDF.

Here is an FAQ on editing a FormsCentral PDF: http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-3661

Let me know if that doesn't answer your question clearly.

Thanks,

Josh