26 Replies Latest reply on Dec 9, 2013 7:15 PM by dowcompser@aol.com

[image loading...] message with no image

dowcompser@aol.com

when I open a form to continue working on it, I see [image loading...] message where png file should be but image never appears.

• 1. Re: [image loading...] message with no image
          Josh_Corey Adobe Employee

You can share your form with me at jcorey@adobe.com and I can take a look, instructions for sharing are here: http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-2462

Thanks,

Josh

• 2. Re: [image loading...] message with no image
            dowcompser@aol.com Level 1

I have shared ;my form with you and waiting for an answer.

• 3. Re: [image loading...] message with no image

Hi;

We'll have more information for you shortly, there is an issue we think we can address in an update next week.

Thanks,

Josh

• 4. Re: [image loading...] message with no image

Is this related to the desktop software or the web?  I have desktop software installed and will uninstall it to see if it helps. 

Donna Dowdle

Sent from my iPad

• 5. Re: [image loading...] message with no image

You shouldn't see any different result in web or desktop, this is a bug that we'll have to address in an update.  I wouldn't spend much time trying to resolve with this same image on your end.

Thanks,

Josh

• 6. Re: [image loading...] message with no image

Josh,

I have been playing around a little.  I created a template and then a new form and I could insert images.  It’s only on the ones already designed that I cannot change.

Donna Dowdle

IT Manager

Dr. Scholl Foundation

(847) 559-7430 - office

(847) 602-0709 - cell

DISCLAIMER!  The information contained in this e-mail message is confidential and is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail message in error, please contact the sender at (847) 559-7430 and delete this e-mail message.

• 7. Re: [image loading...] message with no image

Are you able to add the same image/s to a new form as the ones in the file that you shared with me?  Or are you just able to add other images?  I would expect that most images work fine, but not the images in the form that you shared.

What do you mean by "that I cannot change"?  The issue was that the images never load right?  In the form you shared I could delete the images that failed to load, but those images should not work in any form, new or old.

Thanks,

Josh

• 8. Re: [image loading...] message with no image

I did not try the old images. I loaded new images into a new form. 

I tried to update an old image and it would not let me change it. I could delete it but if I deleted it and then tried to replace it with another image, the replacement image would load only 50% and never complete.

Donna Dowdle

Sent from my iPad

• 9. Re: [image loading...] message with no image

Got it - thanks.  I think that the issue we found and will fix should resolve this for you in existing and new forms.

Thanks,

Josh

• 10. Re: [image loading...] message with no image

Josh,

I went in this morning to the new form created on Nov. 4th and no images will load.

I tried to insert an image here (.png) to show you what is going on and it would not load the image from my computer!!

I am reaching critical path with this product.  We must have a working, dependable product to use and train on in appx. 1 week.

I feel like a beta tester??? Has this software been tested?  This seems like a primary, basic level issue (being able to modify an existing form).  I cannot train my staff or depend on a software that is not functional. 

Sorry but this is getting frustrating and embarassing for me.

When is this "new" update supposed to happen?

• 11. Re: [image loading...] message with no image

Hi;

I'm sorry you are encountering this trouble.  We made a big change to our image support in hopes of enabling more images that were problematic in the past and you've encountered a bug in the new way we deal with images.  I am not aware of other customers hitting the same issue that you are, although I am sure if you are others have too, but it doesn't seam to be widespread - I think you're just lucky;-)

In general this product is very stable, encountering such issues is rare and we are certainly here to help resolve them.

Can you share this new form created on 11/4 with me to see if what is happening there is a different issue or the same?  Share with jcorey@adobe.com again, thanks.

You said that you tried to attach a PNG to this post and that upload didn't work, that would have nothing to do with FormsCentral, maybe there is something else going on with your system affecting adding image? 

If you could send me some of the original images you have tried to add without success I'd like to try creating a new form and adding those to see what happens.

Thanks,

Josh

• 12. Re: [image loading...] message with no image

Here are two things to try so you can continue to work this week:

1) Refresh the browser page - things get into a bad state if you open one of the forms that has a problematic image.  Try to not open those forms for now and instead refresh the page to get into a good state and open forms that don't have the images causing this issue.

2) For the images causing problems, it is size related, try to reduce the size of those images - they are far larger than would be valuable in the web page/form so reducing them won't degrade the overall quality in your forms.  Doing this you should be able to create and use forms this week

The fix is slated for 11/12/13

Thanks,

Josh

• 13. Re: [image loading...] message with no image

Josh,

I built a template to use with small images and they don’t work either.  I will give you access to the template (it’s name is obvious) and I am attaching the 11 files used in the template.

Donna Dowdle

IT Manager

Dr. Scholl Foundation

(847) 559-7430 - office

(847) 602-0709 - cell

DISCLAIMER!  The information contained in this e-mail message is confidential and is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail message in error, please contact the sender at (847) 559-7430 and delete this e-mail message.

• 14. Re: [image loading...] message with no image

I didn't recieve the shared form yet - I'd be happy to take a look when you share it.

Thanks,

Josh

• 15. Re: [image loading...] message with no image

Sorry, got distracted,, I will do it tomorrow am

Donna Dowdle

Sent from my iPad

• 16. Re: [image loading...] message with no image

From: Donna Dowdle donna@drschollfoundation.com

Sent: Thursday, November 07, 2013 2:04 PM

To: 'DSF'

Subject: RE: message with no image

Attached are 3 picture files (.png) that need to go replace images 1, 2 and 3 in “0_Template Copy” that I have shared with you.  When I try to replace the picture placement holders (titled “Insert new image #1, 2, 3 here) the images will not load.

Let me know what happens when you can.

Donna Dowdle

IT Manager

Dr. Scholl Foundation

(847) 559-7430 - office

(847) 602-0709 - cell

• 17. Re: [image loading...] message with no image

Hi Donna;

I didn't get the shared form yet and the images did not attach to this forum post.  Can you share the form with me at jcorey@adobe.com and also attach those images to an email to me?

Thanks,

Josh

• 18. Re: [image loading...] message with no image

I recieved the forms you shared but have not recieved the images to test with, I tried some images of my own and was able to replace the images in the Template with mine, but I'd like to try your images.

Thanks,

Josh

• 19. Re: [image loading...] message with no image

One thing I notice is that when I add an image the progress bar quickly goes from 0% to 50% and then sits at 50% for about 1 minute, but then it does complete and the image is added.  Is it possible you are thinking it has failed during this "hang" at 50%?

Thanks,

Josh

• 20. Re: [image loading...] message with no image

My brain is mush…. let’s look at this on Friday/Monday. 

Donna Dowdle

IT Manager

Dr. Scholl Foundation

(847) 559-7430 - office

(847) 602-0709 - cell

• 21. Re: [image loading...] message with no image

Hi Donna;

Part of this issue was fixed yesterday, your existing forms should now work, however uploading very large (dimensions) PNG files will not work, we'll have an update to fix that very soon.

Thanks,

Josh

• 22. Re: [image loading...] message with no image

Josh,

I can split the “two-page” images that I sent into single pages, no problem.  I will give that a try and see what the results are.  Single pages would be 8 ½ X 11 instead of 11 X 17.

Thanks for all your help.  I know our needs are unique and are pushing the capabilities of the software and we appreciate all your team is doing to help us.

Just for my info, is there a size limit (file size not image size) that I should work towards?

Donna Dowdle

IT Manager

Dr. Scholl Foundation

(847) 559-7430 - office

(847) 602-0709 - cell

• 23. Re: [image loading...] message with no image

I'd keep the images under 4,000 pixels wide for now.  This "limitation" will be fixed soon, but for now images narrower than 4K pixels.

Thanks,

Josh

• 24. Re: [image loading...] message with no image

I switched the size of the image from 11X 17 to 8 ½ X 11 and it’s coming in now. Seems the size of the image was critical, so now instead of having a 1 page image with 2 pages on it, I have 2 smaller single pages.  Works better. Testing the form submission process now. 

Donna Dowdle

IT Manager

Dr. Scholl Foundation

(847) 559-7430 - office

(847) 602-0709 - cell

• 25. Re: [image loading...] message with no image

Good news - the final fix for this issue has been released, the original images you were trying to use should work as expected now.  You shoudl not have to reduce the size.

Thanks,

Josh

• 26. Re: [image loading...] message with no image

Tested it today and it worked perfectly!!!!  I train my staff this week and the update to a larger file size cuts our workload in half. Significant when we have over 1000 items to vote on with each item having two pages.

Donna Dowdle