Let's say i have a container (it's a symbol... sym.container=sym.createChildSymbol("container","containers");)
1. Created a child symbol "object" in one container.
2. Made several changes to it.
What i want to do now, is to
1. Create a new container. sym.container2=sym.createChildSymbol("container2","containers");
2. delete the symbol the "object" was in. sym.container.deleteSymbol().
3. Put the "object" (without creating it again, just moving it) in the, new, sym.container2's "containerForObject".
<out of ideas>
When you call deleteSymbol, you're actually deleting the entire instance of the symbol. Is there a reason you want to reparent the symbol that way? Another way to handle it is to create the symbol attached to the Stage or a dummy object and then create a link to it using a variable on one symbol or another. That way, you only create the object once but have a reference to it in one symbol or the other.
Hope that helps,