2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 19, 2007 5:24 PM by var_dating=porking

Honestly, I go to a forum for help, and they don't answer?

growth_Prod
      DO PEOPLE NOT TAKE ME SERIOUS?
      Please Help! I am kind of new to Flash, but I do know how to do some things. I have a button that I am trying to (when clicked) link to a new scene. ie. the code would read "on (release) {gotoAndPlay....();}
      However, when I clink on the button (not the frame) all I get in the actions pane is "Actions," no "Actions-Button"

What's going on!?
        • 1. Re: Honestly, I go to a forum for help, and they don't answer?
          Twinbird24 Level 1
          If you are using ActionScript 3.0 it does not allow you do add actions to buttons or movie clips, it only allows you to add actions to frames. If you want to add actions in a button/movie clip, you would need to use an older version of Flash. In ActionScript 2.0 you would be able to click on the button and type something like:
          onRelease {
          gotoAndStop(myScene, 1)
          }

but in ActionScript 3.0 you would have to type this in a frame:

myButton.onRelease = function() {
          gotoAndStop(myScene, 1)
          }

And, make sure the thing you're clicking on is a button, not a movie clip or a graphic.

And is this stoping the actions on the button from working?
          • 2. Re: Honestly, I go to a forum for help, and they don't answer?
            var_dating=porking
            Do you have to use scene's? For me it's always easier to create different .swf's and then just call them from an interface with some buttons that 'load' them into a position on the stage.

I'm not exactly sure what the problem is you are experiencing but I know other ways to do (most likely) what you're trying to do.

If you can do without scene's let me know and i'll assist you further..