3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 14, 2013 9:53 AM by Todd_Kopriva

Output presets lost in after effects cc

Climberfx

Yesterday i upgrade to After Effects CC 12.1, the last update, and it lost all my preferences.

Even when i click download the preferences from Creative Cloud, were i think i was saved with a copy from the early uses of CC (before the update to 12.1, on 12.0.1) it was gone.

Saad.

• 2. Re: Output presets lost in after effects cc
          Todd_Kopriva Level 8

how to migrate settings (workspaces, preferences, etc.) from After Effects CC (12.0) to After Effects CC (12.1):

http://adobe.ly/173a53D

• 3. Re: Output presets lost in after effects cc
            Todd_Kopriva Level 8

The After Effects CC (12.2) update fixes this.

You can migrate settings from a previous minor version of After Effects. For After Effects CC (12.2), you can migrate settings from After Effects CC (12.0) or After Effects CC (12.1).

To initiate the settings migration at any time, click the Migrate Previous Version Settings button at the bottom of the Preferences dialog box (in the General category).

When you initiate the settings migration, After Effects checks to see whether there are settings folders on the computer for 12.0 and 12.1. For each version for which a settings folder is found, After Effects presents a button with the respective version number, as well as a Do Not Migrate button. If you click one of the buttons corresponding to a previous version, then After Effects will copy and process the appropriate settings files from the previous version’s settings folder into the 12.2 settings folder. To complete the process and load the migrated settings, you need to restart After Effects, so After Effects prompts you to quit and restart.

When you start After Effects CC (12.2) for the first time with default settings, After Effects will automatically initiate the settings migration process.

Settings that are migrated include the following:

• preferences
            • interpretation rules
            • workspaces
            • render settings templates
            • output module settings templates
            • composition settings templates
            • keyboard shortcuts (migrated from version 12.1, but not from version 12.0)
            • user scripts (i.e., scripts saved in the Scripts folder in the user’s settings folder)